Sign in to follow this  
Guest EIDUB

RC 4.0 free upgrade?

Guest EIDUB

Hello,I searched the forum and I am not sure if it has been mentioned before but will RC 4.0 be a free upgrade for the registered users of RC 3.1, or is it considered to be a new product and will require a new purchase and registration?Thank you,Stephen.

3.1 which is still in beta, is a free upgrade.as with the past upgrades, point releases (.1, .12, .2, etc) are free.major releases (1, 2, 3, 4) are charged a reduced upgrade price. this upgrade period will remain in effect for about 6 months.new users for 4, will be charged the full price.jd

Guest EIDUB

Thanks for the info JD.Regards,Stephen

already coding.i'm still trying to figure out what this hang is every once and a while. as soon as i sort it out, 3.1 will be releasedbut 4.0 is looking very good. i am controlling ai traffic from taxiing onto the runway in front of you when you are on finali can detect when an ai plane and you will be in the same place (well 5 miles and 2000ft bubble), up to 60 miles in advancethen when i detect a "situtation" i'll get the ai plane to turn, or climb, or descend, and i'll do something with you4.0 is shaping up to be an ai release. so far, it is really cool.but there is a HUGE amount of testing that will need to be done, and it will be hard to duplicate things, once they happen. so i have to figure out how to do thatso be patient, it will be worth the wAIt (lol)jd

Guest hkro

jd,One solution should be to ask for volunteers to shake the whole thing in specified situations to increase test coverage....What do you think?Cheers,

yep, that is what i'm doing. when i am closer to full ai interaction testing, i'll crack open up the beta doors.