Sign in to follow this  
Guest cypilots

Problems - More Problems

Guest cypilots

I am using RCV3.0 FSUIPC Version 3.10 Registered. FS 2002. Having problems with the sound, the controller breaks up- " Turn left heading..........(A five second gap) 250" " Delaware 480 fly.....(Break of 5 seconds) heading 246 descend......(gap of five seconds) and maintain 10thousand." Also if I use CTRL+ALT+M to use the copilot, the autopilot turns off, and the panel blanks out.With this version should I be using the RCV3.1 as well?. Any help would be much appreciated.

Guest Doug Thompson

Cy,John will help with the sound problem. Your copilot... Unless you've changed something in RC Keys, I believe the key command is Ctrl-Shift-M, not Ctrl-Alt-M.

i just uploaded a new v3.1 build this morning. download it, and install it.also get the new fsuipc, advdisp, and the 3 wav packages from scott's site.the speech should improve with 3.1and yes, the default is ctrl-SHIFT-m for the co-pilot, unless you changed it to something else. go to the options page, click on the keys button, and look at what your rc keys are set forjd

Guest cypilots

JD. Downloaded the latest FSUIPC 3.125 entered to Modules. Adv Disp 2.123.to Modules. 3 Wav Files to Winwood. Downloaded RCV31. (Runtime error 53 File not found). Microsoft say EXE error. Any advice please.

rcv31.zip contains 5 or 6 files. did you unzip and replace all files in the zip into your rcv3 directory?i'm assuming when you said you have the 3 wav files, you mean the zips? the zips contains hundreds of wavs, and the zips need to be unzipped into the winwood directoryjd

Guest cypilots

JD. The RCV31 Zip seems to have a problem- when trying to extract I get a message Runtime Error 53 File not found. Yes I did mean three zip files which were unzipped into Winwood. The error message was followed up by the Microsoft Error reporting message which said that the RCV31 file was a corrupt exe file.

Guest Scott Campbell

Works perfectly fine here. Try Dl'ing again.

you can't open the zip file? or when you extract the files in the zip file into the rcv3 directory, and run rcv31.exe you get an error?did you adjust whatever shortcuts/start menu items to point to rcv31.exe instead of rcv3.exe?jd

Guest cypilots

JD. Shortcut shows the following- Target- "C:Program Filesrcv30rcv3.exe" So I should change it to "C:Program Filesrcv31rcv3.exe"

Guest RickT

Change it to read as follows:"C:Program Filesrcv30rcv31.exe"

Guest cypilots

Rick. Changed as above. Now getting a messgae- " The name "C:Program Filesrcv30rcv31.exe specified in the target box is not valid make sure the path and file name are correct". What am I doing wrong please.

Guest RickT

What is the folder name and path where you installed Radar Contact?You can find it by opening Windows Explorer. Navigate to where you installed Radar Contact. Scroll down the list of files in your Radar Contact folder and find rcv31.exe. If you cannot find rcv31.exe you need to go back to rcv31.zip and unzip all files to whatever your Radar Contact folder is.I suspect you probably unzipped rcv31.zip to the wrong folder.

Guest cypilots

Rick. rcv30 is in CProgram Files. Inside rcv30 is rcv31.exe.- rcv3b.exe-rcv3.exe-rc30311.exe. Could the problem be that the RC short cut properties has blank "Start in" and shortcut key boxes. The target box has "C:Program Filesrcv30rcv3.exe" and wont accept the change to "C:Program Filesrcv30rcv31.exe"

Guest RickT

Yes that is the problem.Change the target box to:"C:Program Filesrcv30rcv31.exe"Change the Start in box to:"C:Program Filesrcv30"

Guest cypilots

Rick. Yes that was the problem, loads ok now. Having uninstalled completely and reinstalled, I am still having the problem with the sound. On the ground- taxi- takeoff- ok. In the air not receiving messages- only reason I know the messages are there is becuase of the adv display 7 to acknowledge- then I hear the directions being repeated. Have RC30-RCV31-RCV301-RCWav full update installed. RC0311 in FS Navigator- Latest FSUIPC (Reg Copy)LatestAdv Display. Running on 2002.