Sign in to follow this  
Guest Scott Campbell

Get over it

Can we rename this to the "Crabbing and complaining about everything Avsim does" forum?Am I the only one getting tired of all this incessant bickering? We are guests here, period. We don't own it. We don't run it. And we have ZERO say in how its managed. Does that mean the management shouldn't listen to us? No. But they have rules. You agree to those rules when you register. And THEY enforce them, when and how they choose. We went to a movie the other day. Some people in the theatre were talking loudly and annoying others. They continued to do so after being warned. They were shown the door. And they paid to get in. But the theatre has rules, and the ticket we bought says we agree to abide by them.We were at the ball game recently and some roudy fans threw garbage on the field when they didn't like the unpire's call. They were shown the exit. They also paid to get in. But the ballpark has rules. Follow them or suffer the consequences.I could go on, but I have this unexplained urge to GET BACK TO FLIGHT SIMMING!!!!Mike Stone

Well said, Mike... One can hardly read this forum anymore without wadding thru a mess of useless, 30 post long threads about childish nothingness.... If that is all you have to post go away and keep it to yourself or otherwise follow the rules set to belong to this forum... This is a place to ask questions and make objective comment about simming, not to argue.... If that is your agenda this is not the place for you....Ron Mashburn

I, whole heartedly, concur. Your commentary is spot on. :)

Thanks Mike ;-)Yes, I guess we all grow tired sometimes. I know I do, it takes an extraodrinary amount of my time. On the other hand, without discussion on issues that keep people up and awake we would not be able to make AVSIM what it is today.... the most popular site for many flight simmers. (Notice that I am not worried about a minoriry that would not agree with this statement ? :-lol )Your support is appreciated, and that of all the others that post here and send us emails, no matter what opinion they have.We all might disagree with each other at times, one thing we have in common... love of aviation and flight simming, and sharing that with a large community. :-wave :-outta Francois :-wave[table border=0 cellpadding=10 cellspacing=0][tr][td valign=bottom" align="center]"At home in the wild"[/td][td valign=bottom" align="center][link:avsim.com/alaska/alaska_051.htm|Don's Alaskan Bush Charters]"Beavers Lead the Way"[/td][td valign=bottom" align="center][link:www.avsim.com/vfr_center/mainpages/vfr_flights_main_page.htm]VFR Flight Center]"Looking Good Outside"[/td][/tr][tr][td valign=top" align="center]http://avsim.com/hangar/air/bfu/logo70.gif[/td][td valign="top" align="left" colspan=2]http://www.fssupport.com/images/moose2.gif[/td][tr][/table]________________________Francois A. "Navman" DumasAssociate Editor &Forums AdministratorAVSIM Online![/bemail: fdumas@avsim.com________________________

Francois A. 'Navman' Dumas

Posted Image

EuropeRides

... and the man's Blog

Guest Scott Campbell

Francois,"Yes, I guess we all grow tired sometimes. I know I do, it takes an extraordinary amount of my time."Ahhhh...I know you actually love it. :-lol Remember the fun a couple weeks ago? :-lol :-lol :-lolAs for this commercial posting/not posting thing - I'm still deciding. I have in fact purchased things from the posts I have read here (recommendations from users, not commercial people). Alternately, I have not purchased things because of the anti-product stuff posted (not from the commercial people). So both have been based on recommendations from users, not from the "ads". So I can see that not allowing commercial posts makes no difference. On the other hand, I did acquire the Flight1 421C from posts here, and Roger's responses (which is what customer support should be), so I'm really undecided.I am all in favor of a general AVSIM commercial forum, with the allowing of posts by users here. Why not? It's better than a zillion different forums for each commercial producer (unless they get enough posts to rate their own).Okay, I AM decided. ;-)Now can we concat all these myriad of topics on this subject into one, pust it into the General Forum, and get back to simming stuff? ;-)

Thanks for the message Scott.... not sleeping again are you !!?? :-lol :-lolYep, I am decided too... but it's not up to me. I WILL get back to simming though... much more fun I agree....!!Ummmm... anybody up for forum admin around here !!???? :-hmmm :-hmmm

Francois A. 'Navman' Dumas

Posted Image

EuropeRides

... and the man's Blog

Whilst I agree with the comments Mike made regarding complaints about AVSIM I would hardly call some of the debates "childish nothingness", perhaps you think everyone should agree on everything - in the real world they don't so you get debate and argument. As long as it does not descend into "hair pulling and name calling" then surely that is a good thing.I do think that some of the recent complaints against AVSIM are pretty unfounded since these forums are moderated pretty fairly.Obviously you are fairly new to the forums - but if you look then it actually tells you the length of the posts, and the title will also give you an idea of what they are about (or rather started about anyway). I tend to ignore about 50% on that basis .....

Guest Scott Campbell

:-lol Poor Francois.Yes, I'm still up - working on wavs for RCv3. You know how I love to make wav(e)s. ;-)We could always go into chat and commiserate! :-lol Or, maybe not. :-beerchug