Sign in to follow this  
Guest afcn

RC 3.1 controls

Guest afcn

HelloIf this issue came up before, please have patience as I am a new RC 3.1 user:Having installed RC 3.01 and applied the update to 3.1 in order to use it with FS9, I only get the input panel to look somewhat "disorganized", thus very cryptic. Any idea how to fix this?Kind regards,NikUsing Nvidia 5900 FX on 1280x1024, FS9

Guest RickT

Hi Nik,You probably need to turn on Adv Display. Please run FS9 and click on the Modules menu item. The second item down on the drop down list will be Adv Display. Please click on it. Adv Display should appear in the top left corner of FS9. From here you can move and size it to your liking.

Guest afcn

Of course, I didn't activate it. Thanks!By the way, is there a possibility to show/hide the AdvDisplay with a keystroke, such as the built-in ATC? I couldn't find a good place to dock the window, so I'd like to hide it most of the times.And there isn't a way to have the airports pronounced instead spelled?Regards,NikPS: Congrats! Did just a short hop (LFSB - LSZH), RC did just fine!

i didn't get any volunteers to record the names of 22000 airports :-)as far as hiding advdisp, not one that i know of. i just put it on an unused part of a panel, and leave it there.jd

There is a file called rc_panel.zip here at AVSIM. It is nothing more than a background bitmap. You can create a new panel window using this bitmap as background. Add nothing to the window, just position it where you want AdvDisp to appear and make it visible on load. Now load your aircraft, open AdvDisp and position it over the new window and dock it. Now when you open and close the new window, AdvDisp will open and close wih it.http://mysite.verizon.net/tjrush/avsimfsg.jpg------------SYSTEM SPECIFICATIONS------------ Dell Pentium 4 at 3.2GHz with 800MHz FSB 1GB Dual Channel DDR SDRAM at 400MHz 128MB DDR ATI RADEON 9800 Pro 21 inch P1130 FD Trinitron CRT Monitor 120GB Ultra ATA/100 Hard Drive Sound Blaster Audigy 2 with DVD Audio WindowsXP Home Edition with Microsoft Plus!

Tom

Guest GiZBUG

>There is a file called rc_panel.zip here at AVSIM. It is>nothing more than a background bitmap. You can create a new>panel window using this bitmap as background. Add nothing to>the window, just position it where you want AdvDisp to appear>and make it visible on load. Now load your aircraft, open>AdvDisp and position it over the new window and dock it. Now>when you open and close the new window, AdvDisp will open and>close wih it.>>>http://mysite.verizon.net/tjrush/avsimfsg.jpg>------------SYSTEM SPECIFICATIONS------------ > Dell Pentium 4 at 3.2GHz with 800MHz FSB> 1GB Dual Channel DDR SDRAM at 400MHz> 128MB DDR ATI RADEON 9800 Pro> 21 inch P1130 FD Trinitron CRT Monitor > 120GB Ultra ATA/100 Hard Drive> Sound Blaster Audigy 2 with DVD Audio> WindowsXP Home Edition with Microsoft Plus!Is this the file we need to get the command window to open in FS9 for RC?

Radar Contact uses AdvDisp to display commands. AdvDisp does not automatically open and close like the default ATC. What I was suggesting is a way for you to set up AdvDisp so that you don't have to leave it permanently open on your panel. http://mysite.verizon.net/tjrush/avsimfsg.jpg------------SYSTEM SPECIFICATIONS------------ Dell Pentium 4 at 3.2GHz with 800MHz FSB 1GB Dual Channel DDR SDRAM at 400MHz 128MB DDR ATI RADEON 9800 Pro 21 inch P1130 FD Trinitron CRT Monitor 120GB Ultra ATA/100 Hard Drive Sound Blaster Audigy 2 with DVD Audio WindowsXP Home Edition with Microsoft Plus!

Tom

Guest coach

If you look in FSUIPC you will find a key section where you can allocate a specific key to call the AdvDisp window.:-)