Sign in to follow this  
Guest fortress66

Maybe a stupid question but i need to know (about how a plane move)

Guest fortress66

(sorry for the bad english)Well, i want to know, how a plane move on the ground?? I mean, it is the wheel that move the plane on the ground or just the propeller???? I can't imagine how the propeller can move the plane???

the propellers propel the plane on the ground and in the air. the wheels are simply there to support the plane. there are brakes on the wheels, but their is no propulsion ability in the wheelsjd

Guest fortress66

>the propellers propel the plane on the ground and in the air.>the wheels are simply there to support the plane. there are>brakes on the wheels, but their is no propulsion ability in>the wheels>>jdOh okay, but how the propellers can move the plane ??? I mean, its like a Big FAN!!!! how it works??

Guest cvigo

You got it. It is like a big fan:Sir Isaac Newton, (that guy who had an apple falling down on his head) third law states:For every action there is an equal and opposite reactionThis means:A pushes/pulls B.B pushes/pulls A.One of these forces is called the action force, and the other one is called the reaction force - it doesn't matter which is which. For example, if:You push ball. (Action force)then Newton's Third Law says that:ball pushes you. (Reaction force)(try this with a heavy object, your body goes backwards, yes?)The propellers, like jet engines, push a big amount of air towards the plane tail. This backwards air displacement has a reaction: the propeller goes forward, and, since the propeller is attached to the plane, the plane goes forward.The same law applies to the nautical world: the ship propellers push a lot of water backwards, so the ship moves forwards.It is not crazy to think that the law applies to your car as well. When its wheels turn, actually they are "pushing" the Earth (yes I said Earth) backwards, so your car moves forwards. Well, since the Earth heavy, very heavy, its movement can no be "appreciated". ;-) Hope this helps

HiHere is an important thing to understand--The Prop is a lifting device just like the blades on a helicopter. The props on a plane are facing to the front so they pull the plane forward--just as the prop blades on a copter pull the copter upwards. The props on a plane are producing lift--but the lift is forward--we call this type of lift--- thrust. The thrust keeps pulling the plane forward faster and faster until the air flowing over the wings begins to produce lift. In simple terms--the propeller keeps pulling the plane forward until its thrust equals the drag of the plane---then the speed remains constant. The wings keep lifting the plane up until the lift of the wings is equal to the weight of the plane. --Now the plane is sort of hanging in perfect balance--the thrust is equal to the drag and the weight is equal to the weight.CheersDorn