Sign in to follow this  
Guest Captain Dad

Grumpy ATC'ers.

Guest Captain Dad

A really fun program, but boy, what a bunch of grouchy Controllers!Example: Flew the recently published "Round Robin" adventure in the Dec. 03 issue of COMPUTER PILOT. Heading into Edmonton Intl at night with Heavy Snow, High Winds, Icing and 2 1/2 miles vis. Got yelled at for altitude busting, and asking the Controller to repeat himself. Never mind that I was on full, manual-override the entire approach and kinda busy. Geez! Anyway, a lot of fun on my day off!Capt Dad.

Hey Capt Dad!!! Happy Holidays!!!Have you met FSDO enforcer and hitmam Bill Stephenson yet? hehehehe ... I have learned to NOT ask for a flight critique some times ... and I swear at my monitor more times than I care to admit!!! My wife is having severe doubts about my old age emotional status ... hahahaBut this is fun though, especially when you get it correct ... I just did a nice simple flight from Karachi to Delhi in the new PMDG 737-700 ... even got a compliment ... hahahahahaYou simply have to LOVE this ..!!!Best Holiday wishes to everyone!!!!!Thanks to you guys at RC for providing me with hours of interesting things to do!!!!1

Hi Capt Dad,As one of the controllers I can only say it's not personal. We just do what jd tells us :-lolRemember there is the option to ask for relief for bad weather, if we believe you we get off your back ;-)All the best,John

Guest Captain Dad

Dear All,Yes, I know there is a request for turbulance/weather deviations, etc. I try not to use it too often. In the real world you can't hit the "pause" key and then change the weather.I would like to see the program clear me for final as I make the turn onto the localizer so I can hand-fly the plane to touchdown - like in the real world.A real fun program for FS2002!Merry Christmas!Captain Dad

Doesn't the go visual option appear in the menu? I often hear (real world monitoring of KMSP approach) requests for visual during the final vector sequence when the airport is in sight with the pilot requesting visual for the indicated runway.