Sign in to follow this  
Guest aca_dia

Need reasons to install RC3 for FS9

Guest aca_dia

Please do not take this post the wrong way. I purchased RC3 for FS2002 when RC3 was brand spanking new and I loved it. I am a real world commercial pilot and I like goofing around with MSFS and I do use it to keep my head fresh when it comes to IFR procedures and approach familiarity. I have not used RC3 since the day FS9 was installed on my machine.Recently I have been using FS9 fairly frequently to review approaches to a particular airport prior to an upcoming real world IFR flight. For the most part the ATC in FS9 answers all of my needs in that it gives me reasonable vectors to start an approach or it allows me to select a different full approach. I don

I hear you...I to have been going back and fourth on this. For me, the one big thing I like about RC (and JD will kill me for this), is simply the auto reply from the co-pilot. I hate having to constantly take my hands off the controls to keep punching the 1 key for the FS9 ATC. If FS9 had some type of auto reply my use of RC would be down a bit I suspect.Also, I to seem to have a fairly large frame drop using the AdvDisplay module. I not sure whats going on with it, excellent program that it is, maybe it is the way I am using it.it is going to be very interesting to see others responses here. That said, I would purchase RC3 again today, mainly because I respect JD and crew for all the work they have done on this. I am sure that I will be getting the next version also (even though I cant imagine what would be improved).

CPU: Core i5-6600K 4 core (3.5GHz) - overclock to 4.3 | RAM: (1066 MHz) 16GB
MOBO: ASUS Z170 Pro |  GeForce GTX 1070 8GB | MONITOR: 2560 X 1440 2K

i'd like to know why you are having low fps when using advdisp too. i just finished a flight from kbos-kphl testing some new features, and my fps never dropped below 40.do you have 2.123?do you have it docked on your panel?what were those new features you ask? i was vectoring ai planes when they were going to be in conflict with my plane. i even tell them to resume own navigation when the possibility of conflict is over. (isn't that nice of me ?) :-)as far as the original post/question, you've flown 3.0, you know it is quality. v3.1 makes it fs2004 compatible, gives you better ai awareness (i don't move ai planes around in 3.1, sorry). load it, try it, delete it if ms atc is better. jd

Guest aca_dia

I assume RC3 ATC must be better that FS9. I thought it was great when I used it with 2002. At this point it

Guest crabster

>I actually could care less about the ability of RC3 to vector>other aircraft. All I want is realistic vectoring for me! Im>a selfish person... When I get a chance I will put it back on>my machine and see what I think.>I was given 3 go arounds today at KBOS while on finals. The first one a Northwest 757 overtook me 3 miles from touchdown. The second time an AI US Air Dash taxiied onto the runway while I was approaching. The 3rd time was an AI landed ahead of me and just as he cleared the rwy (which I guess wasn't fast enough for the controllers) I was told to go around. So having the ai controlled is important to me. RC is great at giving realistic vectors and ATC but it is all null and void if you can't land at your destination. This is the only part of RC that bugs me. I can't wait until version 4 is released!!!

It's not RC's fault;-)As jd says, though, we're working on controlling the ai - more like ad (artificial dumbness) if you ask me :-(Early days yet though.All the best,John

you can turn down the amount of ai all together, or when you are on downwind. that will keep the silly ai planes to a minimumalso, if there is a parallel runway, then you could request the other runwayjust some options..jd

Guest crabster

>It's not RC's fault;-)>>As jd says, though, we're working on controlling the ai - more>like ad (artificial dumbness) if you ask me :-(>>Early days yet though.>>All the best,>>JohnOh don't get me wrong, I know it's not RC's fault. I'm not blaming jd at all. The other poster said he was happy with vectoring and I just added my 2 cents. RC is aweseome and I never fly ifr without it. Sometimes on those "go-arounds" I ignore the controller and land if it looks safe. Then I just don't play the critique :)

Guest crabster

I've chosen the other runways at times. Usually if it looks safe I ignore the go-around and land anyway :) of course after that I don't play the critique :) however was I ever surprised when FSDO spoke to me after I contacted ground! That only happened once so far usually they say something during the critique :)