Sign in to follow this  
machie

Adventure display weird and No Chatter at Hong Kong

Hi AllAfter many days of dumb and then dumber struggles I finally got my radar contact to work in fs2004--almost--now its really cool, PMDG 737 working rc and Ultimate Traffic--all very hard for me to get working--this has become a very complex toy--more fun than ever--but a steep learning curve if you have been away from it for a year or so--now my question--the adventure display is green with lots of symbols instead of easy to read text--I can sort of make out some of the command choices--but others are too hard--also I started my first flight in Hong Kong ( a place that I just flew to and wanted to see again in the virtual world--and no chatter--is this just because there is no chatter for Hong Kong--can I find this sort of odd chatter on the web and then try to install it into RC if this is the caseCheersPS Seems as if there is no chatter anywhere--I just tried San Fran--I do have the chatter slider turned all the way up to 10

i know what you mean. i was #### and moaning to my beta team the other day about not having enought trafffic. they helped me, adding afcad files, changing fsuipc settings, etc. now i have too much (if that is possible). :-)you either don't have advdisp.dll in the modules directory, or you haven't turned it on from the modules menu in fs9. you can get the current version at http://www.schiratti.com/files/dowson/AdvDisp.zipyou might need the current version of fsuipc, while you're at it, from http://www.schiratti.com/files/dowson/FSUIPC.zipno chatter? how many directories do you have in winwoodksfo? how many wavs in each of the subdirectories of winwoodksfo?jd

Thanks for the replyI did get chatter at London Gatwick later in the evening--will work on the Peter Dowson stuff--I do have registered copies of both FSUIPC and WIDEFS---more work--I have ADV Display in the mod folder but I dont know how to turn it on?--I will do some more workCheers

flight sim menu, click modules, and click advdisp. that will put the advdisp window on your screen. size it, customize it, dock it. that ought to do itjd

JDI just flew an entire flight SFO to LAX--The only problems this time was my flying in the new 737 (PMDG)--I was high and hot--had to go around--tried to fly it hand on only--full manual override and crashed.Thanks for the supportHappy HolidaysDorn Cranert

i take it that the off the airway has been fixed?at take off, you are given a heading to fly it. you fly that heading until told otherwise. when you contact center for the first time, he will tell you "resume own navigation". then you can turn on course to your first checkpoint.if the first checkpoint in the plan is less than 30 miles from the departure airport, then you have to follow the departure procedure, pass within 2 miles of each checkpoint in the departure procedure. you will be told to resume own navvigation when you contact center for the first time. then you can turn on course.hope that helpsjd