Sign in to follow this  
tstiegler

AI handling

Hi,I used RC2.2 with FS2000 and later bought RC3, but I never really used it due to the fact that it ignores any AI traffic. On the homepage I read that in RC3.1 the handling is improved but no further statements about this topic. So I'm a bit puzzled at the moment. Maybe it's a stupid question, but: Does RC3.1 recognize FS2004 AI traffic?Regards from Germany,Tom.

yes, 3.1 recognizes ai traffic. now what does "recognize" mean.it means i see it, and i do a few things about it. for instance, if you are holding short of your departure runway, and there is a plane on the runway, when you call tower, tower will tell you to hold short. he will then tell you to taxi into position and hold when that plane is gone.also, at departure tower, when at the hold short line, and there is a plane on short final, tower will not clear you to taxi into position and hold UNTIL the plane has landed, and off the runway.at arrival, when you are final, and there is a silly ai plane that has taxiied onto the active runway, you will be given a "go around" and the ai plane will be yelled at.in the air, when ai planes come within the minimum seperation parameters, you will recieve a traffic call. so will the ai plane.now version 4 has many more ai awareness features, but that version is not ready, and won't be ready for many, many months. it's hard to test these features, and that is one thing we like to do around here, is test :-)jd

John,thanks for your quick response. It sounds good. As I understand you the situation to be cleared for land on a runway while an AI aircraft is departuring from the opposite end at the same time will not occur anymore?What is about the radios? Do I hear the FS9 ATC conversation done by the AI a/c while listening/talking to a RC controller, presuming the frequencies are the same?If there is anything I can do to help you improving your product please let me know. I really appreciate the functionality. I'd like to use it to learn the real world procedures as close to reality as possible. If there is a proper cooperation with the built in AI I would be 100% satisfied :-)Regards, Tom.

departing opposite end while landing may still occur. depends on where on the runway, if he is on the ground, etc. for what it's worth, in v4 i will choose the same runway as fs9 does, so you won't have that situation, unless you choose a different runway, and force it to happenyou can tune com2 to the fs atc, and listen to the fs atc and ai interactionsnot sure if there will ever be perfect coordination, but i'm working on it :-)jd