Sign in to follow this  

Any good freeware 767 aircraft out there?

Guest Timbo

"mgdbottled",I've read your threads in the past and you're obviously have a grudge against POSKY based on what I've seen. It seems everytime we get something new out, all I see from you is "I don't like this...", "I'm deleting it off my HD...". You're entitled to your own opinion, but do not go telling everyone that our models are bad. The majority of people who fly them are very pleased with them and we don't need bad advertising for the new comers. I can answer all your questions below:I really don't have a problem with the climb rate cause that's easy to fix. Just up the thrust output in the aircraft config file. My problem with the 767s is the fact that wheels are optional when you land cause it slams down hard on the runway even if you're careful. That's gotta be an airfile problem, isn't it?? One in ten times, I can grease the landing, but you should be able to bounce em' a little every now and then without any serious problems.Are you landing with a lot of fuel? That's one of the main causes of gear collapse.My other problem with the 767s is the fact that the fuse is blurred front and back on most models. Exception is the eal762 and the Delta Olympic model. Those two are nice and clear all the time and great planes except for the landing problem.Go to Imagetool, extract mipmaps, choose the one that has 0 after the name, save over original, problem solved.My other problem with the posky models is with the A330s as the fuse is nice on those but the left wing is a blurry mess.Same as above.Power can be boosted on those too so I have no beef with that on that particular model. Why doesn't someone smart fix these texture problems???You seem to be smart, they're easy enough to fix yourself.It's obvious there's a serious flaw. Other than that, I still got 5 posky's on my harddrive out of about 25 that I've downloaded. They just keep going in the trash bin. I'm not even looking forward to any new ones anymore. I hear claims that the textures were fixed by eliminating a mip something or another. Fraid not. Somebody over there at Posky needs to listen a bit better, IMHO.Have you ever tried eliminating the mip maps? Works everytime for me. The "serious flaw" can be fixed in about three minutes of work.[TABLE BORDER=0][tr][td]

[/td][/tr][tr]

[td]

[link:timsfsstudio.home.attbi.com]Click here to visit Tim's FS Studio!] Updated June 11th!

[/td][/tr][/TABLE

Timbo; I think you must have me mixed up with someone else. I seem to remember commenting once on blurred textures on fuses shortly after the first posky aircraft were made available. If I remember right, that was on the Posky forum here. Other than that, I don't believe I've ever posted in a single thread or even commented anywhere concerning the Posky aircraft. I've certainly read a lot of the threads concerning problems with this and that and different points of view. Why don't you point me to a thread or threads that you're referring too. Jog my memory if you will.

BTW; if the problem with the mips are so simple to fix; why should five hundred people that download the aircraft have to fix them. It's make more sense to just fix it before it's uploaded. Or is there something wrong with that logic???BTW; I fly the poskys with the tanks half full and the 767s still slam down onto the runway. It's not a full fuel problem or a weight problem. None of the other heavies do that. Until the folks that designed these aircraft realize that, nothing will be done. What good is input if noone listens???

Guest Timbo

None of the other heavies do it because there aren't many GMAX heavies out to experience. As for updating the textures, it's not up to me because I didn't paint all the planes. You will notice though that none of my planes suffer from blurry textures and it is not a model issue. A half tank of fuel is still a lot of fuel to be landing with. Usually planes land with 25% or less if I recall.[TABLE BORDER=0][tr][td]

[/td][/tr][tr]

[td]

[link:timsfsstudio.home.attbi.com]Click here to visit Tim's FS Studio!] Updated June 11th!

[/td][/tr][/TABLE

That's interesting, I fly my default COA B762ER with the PIC panel for hours every day (using POSKY's default airfile and aircraft.cfg) and I heve never had any problems at all, and I use *all* FMC features. It flies like a dream.Best reagards,J. Padron---

Great responses from most of you. It looks like I need to add fuel burn, weight & balance to my flight planning.Thanks guys!

>BTW; I fly the poskys with the tanks half full and the 767s >still slam down onto the runway. It's not a full fuel >problem or a weight problem. None of the other heavies do >that. Until the folks that designed these aircraft realize >that, nothing will be done. What good is input if noone >listens??? Or it could very well be that you're just landing the 767's too hard, and theres nothing wrong with the flight model.Scott