Sign in to follow this  
Guest BobL

Three questions...

Guest BobL

JDHi and Happy New Year from SC. I've been away from RC for awhile and am now able to resume my hobby. I updated RC to 3.1 from the website and I noticed a couple of things that I need help with.The altimeter setting calls are gone. Is this intentional or have I got something not set correctly?Also, the controllers call altitudes below 18000 as flight levels. For example, I filed my flight plan today for 12000 and I got a step climb to FL80 and then FL120. Is this a setting or have I done something wrong?Lastly, my flight today was from Bessemer, AL (KEKY) to Salina, KS (KSLN). Bessemer is an uncontrolled field with an ILS. RC treated it like a controlled field with ATIS, CD, Ground, Tower and Departure. I tried several combos of the click on/off entries in the 'Controller Options' area but I never could quite get that set right. I ended up just treating it like it was controlled. Is this a database entry that I can correct?Thanks so much for your time. I know you're busy and I appreciate the help.BobL

1 and 2 are probably caused by improperly transition level settings. open a flight plan, go to the controllers page, and make sure that the departure and arrival transition levels are set correctly.180 would be 18000, 80 would be 8000if keky has no cd, ground, tower, or departure, uncheck those controller boxes on the controller page. that should make the flight an uncontrolled departure. you probably need to do that each time you open that flight plan, since i re-read the rcfrequ.csv file each time you open the planif you want to fix it in rcfrequ.csv, open it with notepadfind kekyyou will findKEKY,Bessemer,0,123.75,0,0,123,0,123.8,123.8the fields are:ident, name, atis, clearance, ground, tower, unicom, multicom, approach, departureprobably clearing the clearance frequency will fix you right up. it also looks like it has approach and departure frequencies. so for you make it readKEKY,Bessemer,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0and save. make a backup copy of the file, in case you mess things upjd