Sign in to follow this  
Guest 737767

descend command long before calculated TOD point

Guest 737767

After reinstalling RC 3.0 to get rid of a strange "fly heading" problem there is one special issue. I am told to descend from cruise level about 60-80 miles before reaching the TOD point calculated by the PIC 767 FMC. Earlier, I was asked to descend about 20 miles before the calculated TOD and reached FL100 about 40 miles from destination, using a VS of 2000 ft/min. On a flight from Frankfurt(EDDF) to Nice I had to fly FL180 90 miles from my destination! This occurs independingly wether I use a STAR or not.Any ideas?Andreas HermesEDDH

send me the .pln, if you want, and i'll look at it.it would also help if you would sent me a .dat, .flt and .wx from a point about 5 miles before you are told to start your descent.how far from the airport are you? what is the total number of miles of your flight plan left to the airport. i use the latter to determine the time to start descending you.jd

Guest 737767

I am not sure what you mean with the dat. flt and .wx. It

saving a .dat, you press ctrl-shift-; and a special file called a .dat file is created in rcv3savedin your flight simulator files folder, there will be a .flt and .wx file with the same name of the .datzip them up, and send them to me. then i can load the .dat, and be at the same place in the rc code, in the same long/lat/alt/spd/hdg as you, and trouble shoot the problem.so if you are flying from point a to point b, save a .dat halfway between them. then save them about every 15 miles. when you get your early descent clearance, send me the last .dat file, the corresponding .flt and .wx file, and i can see what is going on.also, if you just send me the .pln file, that you used as input to rc, i can see if the flight plan is screwy, which would account for the early descent, and we won't even have to mess with the .dat filesjd