Sign in to follow this  
Guest Recon

Standard Instrument Departures - Altitudes

Guest Recon

Hi,Have just started using RC and have a question regarding assigned altitudes when flying a SID.I attempted the HON1Y SID out of Manchester (EGCC), which has a 5000' altitude limit for the first 17 miles. On getting my clearance I am told to climb to 5000 and expect 11000 within 10 minutes. (Cruise level 15000). I have selected the departure procedure option in the Controller page, and do not get yelled at for deviating laterally, but I am told to climb to 11000 almost immediately after take off. I then have to endure an irate controller until I get out of the SID :-)Have I missed something in the manual or does the flexible departue only cover lateral deviations?Thank you for your time and the great product that is RC.Rgds,Colin

Colin,The flexible departure option allows you to deviate laterally only. You must still adhere to the altitudes given by ATC. Once you're happy you can resume your filed flightplan contact ATC and advise them.I live quite close to EGCC and often listen to the ATC. Whilst 5,000ft is the initial clearance, aircraft are often cleared to higher levels if conditions allow it.Cheers,

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Guest Recon

Hi Ray,So why didn't you tell me that last night instead of yelling in my ear about busting my altitude:-):-)Seriously, thanks for the prompt reply and explanation, and I'll try not to rattle the windows in your area next time I fly over!Rgds,Colin

Hi Colin,LOL! RC really is a great program and I hope you continue to enjoy it. Have you downloaded my Manchester ATC sounds? Those make it feel like home. Search on AvSim using Proudfoot.Cheers,

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Guest Recon

Hi Ray,Got them already thanks. They certainly make a difference - it's great to hear some crisp Brit controllers whilst flying.Rgds,Colin