Sign in to follow this  
Guest Skywalker

Occasionally missing Nav's with PSS aircrafts....

Guest Skywalker

Dear JDI am very enthusiastic on all RC's developments and a very happy customer since your first releases! I am always "sitting" in PSS aircrafts and have FDC and RC running with it. With the latest release I occasionally miss waypoints as the aircraft turns in to the next waypoint apparently out of RC's tolerated range. Is there a trigger to increase RC's tolerance just like the deviation on speed or altitude?Thank you very much!Sam

i think the grace distance is 7 miles. just checked the code it is 5 miles for enroute, less than 2 if you are flying a sid.is just enroute you are having a problem? i guess i could make that an option in 4.0or would 7 miles be enough?jd

Guest Skywalker

Dear JDCorrect, only enroute. If it happens I observe the miles counting down to 2 miles and increases again to 3, 4,.... after that I get complaints for missing my airway. To most waypoints I get as close as 1 mile when I get that "ding-sound" and RC switches to the next waypoint. Am I doing something wrong here?Rgds, Sam

this isn't a departure procedure is it? sounds like it. you must pass within less than 2 miles of all checkpoints within a 30 mile radius of the departure airport?does tower give you a heading to fly when taking off? if not, you have checkpoints within 30 miles, and a departure procedure is in effect.just for grins, click the flexible departure check box on the controller's page, and see if the problem goes away. if it does, you are supposed to fly a departure procedure, which has much smaller allowancesjd

Guest Skywalker

I think you hit the point, JD! I believe that the waypoint I missed was the second or third one after takeoff. I normally don't get any heading directives after taking off. I reckon because RC detects my first waypoints as part of a departure procedure. Hence, I also assume that flexible departure box remained unchecked after I updated with the latest build. I look very forward to my next flight! Thank you very much for being so accurate in your explanations, JD! I'll let you know!Best wishes, Sam, near LSZH

Guest Skywalker

"Flexible departure" was checked. During another flight it happened again. If FS9 runs on 2x it is more likely that waypoints can get missed. Sam

Guest Skywalker

I installed a previously stored build 2264 and just performed a perfect flight. I meant to have had build 2268 before, but just realize in the top post that build 2264 suppose the be the latest one. Did you possibly pull back a newer build?However, everything seems to be fine again!Thank you very much!!Sam

Guest Skywalker

You're right! I better don't do that again. The last two departure procedures on normal speed went very well. Thank you very much, JD!Sam