Sign in to follow this  
Guest MSMITH6

Questions and Future Ideas

Guest MSMITH6

JD-When I initially set up RC3 I set the "holding" option to about 70% and was given a hold on 2 of my first 3 flights. Since that time, I've not been given another. What would cause this?To save me from pulling out the manual: When flying in to Glacier National Park airport, which has an ILS, I was terminated from ATC when requesting this. Is this because there is no tower? Also, if I go to an airport which only has a non-precision approach how does RC3 handle this?When developing version 4 is there a way you can tie in with FS9's taxi instructions logic? Is there any way Ground can assign you (not you pick out one ahead of time) a parking spot or gate? Also, is there any way you can have ATC assign SIDs and STARS? The pilot could mark on the options page if he wanted them and ATC could randomly assign.Finally, where does RC3 get the ILS frequencies from? When flying to Vancouver, BC I noticed that the ILS frequency (per RC3) for one of the runways did not match the one on my SimChart (I think it was 26L). So, I opened up the FS9 map and checked the facility info and got the frequency that FS9 said and used that (which also was different from SimChart). I would like to know what file I need to edit to set it up to agree.Last, but certainly not least, I want you to know how much I enjoy using your program. Adds greatly to the experience!Thanks,

let's see if i can answer all of these1) if your last checkpoint is not a vor, you won't be held regardless of the holding %2) to save me from looking up the icao code for glacier, load the .pln file which arrives glacier, click on the controller's button, and see if arrival and/or tower are not available3) no, i don't know what fs9's taxi instruction logic is. sorry, i don't know what gates/parking spots are going to be available before you land, or even after you land. it is up to the planner to designate the flight plan, i'm not in the flight planner business. and i don't really want to keep up with the ever changing sids and stars. on the other hand, you could make 3 or 4 flight plans, each with different combinations of sids and stars, and load them randomly4) rc gets the freq's from the bgl files. the data in 3.x is based on the fs2002 .bgl files. you can manually correct them by opening the runways.csv file5) i'm glad your your enjoying the program. i think v4 will knock your socks offjd

Guest MSMITH6

Thanks, JD-I figured with the navdata being supplied to RC you might be able to "hook in" to the SID/STAR database.Oh, well!Thanks