Sign in to follow this  
Guest Skywalker

Aftler latest build "Key 1" hardly responds....

Guest Skywalker

After the latest build I have a strange issue. It takes about 10 hits to have the "1" key responding. No problem with any other key. I verified in other software, but only in RC key 1 doesn' respond properly. Could this be an assignment conflict?Sam

Guest RickT

What happens if you change the keystroke for 1 to Control Shift 1 under Customize Keys on the RC Options menu?

Guest Skywalker

Thanks, Rick! A good point!It would work with Ctrl Shft 1 to call ATIS, however, I have the same issue for keystroke "2" afterwards. Key "2" doesn't respond to switch over to departure. After leaving FS9 to call up RC, RC won't respond at all. I always have to kick out RC with the taskmanager and restart from the scratch. I have the impression that this issues didn't occur to me with the previous build. Would you mind to mail me the previous build for testing? (sam@harsch.net) or provide me with a link?Sam

Guest RickT

Sorry I do not have the previous build. JD may have it.

Guest Skywalker

Don't worry! Surprisingly I found a build 2264 saved on my disk. I just performed a complete flight without any problems. Hmmm.... seems that I am not too lucky with the latest build for some reasons. Thank you Rick!Sam

go to the options page, and click the rc keys button. do they all look right?strange that you are the first to mention this.any other add-ons that might be hijacking the keys. maybe flight director?jd

Guest Skywalker

I know, it really is strange as it did not happen with the previous build and I can't imagine that the assignments have changed. I normally run FDC parallel, but doesn't to be the reason for the conflict. I am running now build 2264 which seems to be latest one you have issued. As RC works just perfectly now I better don't touch it... :=DSam

Guest ryebred

It happened to me also. First flight after I downloaded the latest build. Departed Denver and was told to contact Denver center. I pressed 1 to confirm and to contact denver center and a funny sound played and the word N/A appeared on the display and dissapeared. He repeated himself 3 times and all three times I hit the 1 key and the same thing happened. Finally, on the 4th try, I hit the 7 key to confirm the frequency change and then hit the 1 key to contact the new controller and that worked. Oddly enough, this never happened again throughout the rest of the flight. Have yet to fly more flights to see if the prOblem gets reproduced.Ryan

Guest Skywalker

Hmmmm... that's interesting! Thanks, Ryan!This way at least I know that I don't have to blame it to my keyboard. With build 2264 the responses are quite prompt. I sometimes have to hit the key twice, but this might be normal. Anyway, JD might have uploaded a different build which works fine. Sam

Guest sbinder

>It happened to me also. First flight after I downloaded the>latest build. Departed Denver and was told to contact Denver>center. I pressed 1 to confirm and to contact denver center>and a funny sound played and the word N/A appeared on the>display and dissapeared. He repeated himself 3 times and all>three times I hit the 1 key and the same thing happened.>Finally, on the 4th try, I hit the 7 key to confirm the>frequency change and then hit the 1 key to contact the new>controller and that worked.Hmmmmm....the same thing has been happening to me (using 3.1 build 2205). What's interesting is that for me, the "stuck" key is 3- which I have mapped to be the confirm and contact key. Some flights it works fine and others I have to press and hold it for a couple of seconds before it works. I assumed that another add-on was hijacking the key (although I couldn't figure out which one), but that seems unlikely since we're having the same problem with different keys. I'll try changing the 3 key to shift + 3 to see if that makes a difference.I'm running FS2004, RCv3.1, FDC 1.5.0, FSNavigator and the new ActiveSky (although the issue predates ActiveSky).-Simon

Guest Skywalker

Hi SimonInteresting... I still have that "key 1" issue .... I am also running FDC 1.5, FSNAV as well as the PSS aircrafts. FDC's latest update might use different or additional keys... Sam