Sign in to follow this  
Guest Skywalker

Suggestion for RC4

Guest Skywalker

JD, are there any plans to implement RC functions into FS menue for the future release? Sam

i thought about that, but i'm not sure:a) i can do that:( there would be a great demand for itjd

Guest MSMITH6

JD-If this post means we would be able to open RContact from the FS9 menu, count me in as wanting it!Thanks-

Guest Skywalker

I think this would be very advantageously. This way we don't have to leave FS to activate RC. The flight still can be chosen before starting FS, this way not all RC functions necessarily have to be modeled in FS, but a key to activate RC in FS would be excellent.Sam

For programmer only:You would have to programm the "link" into the FS Options Menu and/or make it available by a hot key via FSUIPC.The algorithm is to check to see if the program is already running and if not execute it. Don't know about basic but in MSC++ it is I believe parameters sent to the "exec" call. Included in those is if you want the window on top of existing, which would make it handy.I do not see the need for this unless you can file enroute. In your current version once RC activates, there are no available options in the dialogs that can be changed. I start FS9, leave it in the menu, then start RC. It links just fine and cranks up automagicly when the flight is loaded the only quirk being the advdisp win opens over the menu, no problem for me.

i thought we were talking about the rc menus. i see no need to put the rc program on the fs menu. it has to run seperately anyway. you don't want it running "in" flight simulator.

Guest Skywalker

True, they have to run separately, but RC won't run before FSUIPC started. This way one has to leave FS after starting, start RC and go back to FS again. A link to activate RC (just like FDC does) would be comfortable. Certainly it would be fantastic also, to have RC's menu to choose the flights in FS... I know, this might be easier said rather than programmed. RC is excellent the way it is anyway.Sam

Guest Badger

jd,First off Happy New Year, secondly here are a couple of my idea's for version 4.1. Perhaps RC could be made to open multiple flight plans, one after the other. The idea being to fly from point A to point B and then have the option of continuing on points C and D etc after parking at the gate to let the PAX off. This might relate to the comments above about having to leave FS to start RC. For flights with multiple legs, at least we would only have to start it once.2. Add a check box on the RC options screen to disable ground chatter only. This would help us monitor the AI traffic at busy airports, where we have an add on AI traffic generator. At the moment I monitor the AI on Com 2 OK, but at times RC's ground chatter waves get a bit intrusive - its just an idea :)3. I'm not sure what effect selecting the VR check box has in the options screen. I use Voice Buddy and your instructions say that the check box is for those of us controlling RC with a voice package, so I check it. Can you PLEASE make it remember my choice? It keeps defaulting to un-checked.4. Finally this is more of an observation than a suggestion, but I just landed at Heathrow London and was told to 'go around' seconds after touch down. The reason was an AI bird that moved onto the runway behind me. I can imagine that trying to catch this sort of occurrence in the programming would be a bit hard, but with AI traffic close to the 100% mark and Ultimate Traffic installed, actually finding a slot to land is quite tricky, being told to go around for traffic I've already passed is just making things harder :)RegardsMark

1) that would be horrible to try to implement, and to find a planner that would do it, close to impossible2) you can always change the chatter slider, whether in the air or on the ground3) it is for voice recognition, and it wasn't implemented. that why it doesn't remember4) v4 won't have that problem ;-) v4 is SO much smarter jd

Guest Badger

jd,Thanks for your replies.Just a quick follow up on point 2. I was thinking of a way to disable the ground chatter only, rather than constantly switch out of Flightsim to tweak RC and then hop back into my flight again. I take your point that its possible, but it tends to break up the whole simulator experience if you have to ALT TAB around different screens all the time.I'm really glad V4 deals with the AI better, thanks for your and the whole teams dedication.RegardsMark

To what extent will V.4 substitute for the MS ATC for AI aircraft? Will V.4 only concern itself with potential conflicts with my aircraft or will we see an all-round smoother airspace environment? Bryn.

Streaming at twitch.tv/brynmwr

ms atc is still in charge of the ai. i will just keep them away from you, from taxiing in front of you, etc.

Guest Skywalker

This way it doesn't really matter, who takes control of the AI, but this really would make the BIG difference! No more go arounds even if we have the AI slider at max! Wow, excellent news!! Can't wait!Sam

Well maybe an occasional go-around or breakout. My employment location is about 15 miles from the parallel runway thresholds of 12L/R at KMSP. One evening I looked up at the noise and saw what could have been a heavy creeping up closing the seperation on a lighter jet, both on the localizer. They were allowed to get what seemes to me quite close before the front lighter more manuverable aircraft, both on approach for 12L, made a right TURN 90o and I watched as I could see it being vectored rectangularly for another try. The only thing that puzzled me was the right turn crossing the final path for the right parallel. There were no aircraft on final for the right, but I thought that a left turn would have been safer since it is rare for a close downwind leg there.So, it would be nice if RC saw an AI creeping up on you from the rear and took appropriate action for either aircraft. That may be too much to compute for seperation, but it would be nice.