Sign in to follow this  
Guest mike@cyyz

Flexible departure?

Guest mike@cyyz

Hi! Newbie to Radar Contact here.I have filed a flight plan that assumes a runway 7 departure from KORL and loaded it into RC. The RC controller info options do NOT have the flexible departure procedure checked. RC clears me for a runway 31 departure. No problem, I depart runway 31 heading 314 degrees.Now, should I not expect RC to vector me back to my flight plan? Once I departed rwy 31 and flew heading 314 for a bit, RC responded that I was off course. (I agree that I was off course based on my flight plan that assumed a rwy 7 departure.) Should RC not have vectored me back onto track?And, although I did NOT check flexible departure procedure, clearance delivery cleared me for a

any flight plan that has the first checkpoint within 30 miles of the departure airport, IS a departure procedure.the reason flexible departure procedure was implemented, was exactly the situation you were in. you don't know what the active runway is when you do the flight plan.if you are flying a departure procedure, which clearance told you, you were, then departure is not going to vector you. you filed it, you're supposed to know how to fly, and fly what you filed. he's too busy with all the other people, to be worrying about wind corrected headings, etc.so in your situation, check flex dp, take off 31, and fly directly to your first checkpoint asap. then the second, etc.jd

Guest mike@cyyz

Thanks. I misunderstood the flex departure option as indicating whether I want a vectored departure or a SID, regardless of flight plan.Mike