Sign in to follow this  
Guest ront1

How Does One Add Scenery?

Guest 727Fan

Since I've had FS2K2 (November 2001), I've installed lots of repaints and GMAX aircraft and used TTools. I'm still working up the courage to use AFCAD. But nonetheless, I've never installed any scenery files.But that's gonna change! I've shifted gears from aircraft to scenery.Yet I'm unsure about where these scenery files go. I see there's a folder in the main directory called "Add on scenery." Is this where downloads go?Please, any advice on adding scenery would be much appreciated.Thanks in advance!Rick

All of my add-on scenery files (mesh scenery) were originally for FS2K. While some of the instructions were complicated, all I had to do was place the bgl. files into a scenery file within the Add on scenery file of FS2002. Example: FS2002/Addon Scenery/scenery. This (add on scenery) file will show up in the scenery library & can easily be "un-checked" for scenery comparisons. At least with the seperate "add on scenery" folder, it's very easy to fix screwups! L.Adamson

I'll give you step by step directions.1. The scenery should be divided into two sections in one folder. All the bgl files in folder 'Scenery', and all the rest in folder 'Texture'. Some sceneries when you unzip they have already sorted it out for you. So check in Winzip for the path.2. Boot up FS2k2 and go to the Scenery Library in the Settings section.3. Hit 'Add Area' and search for your scenery. After opening the folder that holds the bgl files, click 'ok'. The scenery is now added.http://www.someplacesomewhere.com/uploaded/9vsve/jphasig.jpg

Guest 727Fan

Thank You both for responding to my question! I have a better understanding of the process now. I'll begin to experiment with scenery files now that I have some guidance. Much Appreciated!!Rick

Guest ront1

You will do fine. I was pretty apprehensive when I started but it is really pretty easy. Sure adds alot to the sim. There are some extremely talented people out there. Good luck.Ron