Sign in to follow this  
Guest KevinShea

RC and PMDG questions

Guest KevinShea

I just got done flying my first flight with RC and PMDG and I have a question. As I was flying into MDW I was trying to tune my radios and it seemed that the ability to tune the radios was disabled or not working some how. I would open the radio panel and try to use the mouse to tune the frequency and nothing would happen. In addition, a few of the other common buttons I use were not working like P to pause the sim and Shift-Z to check frame rates. When I pushed the P button it would engage the CWS A function of the autopilot and when I pushed the Shift-Z combo it would increase my MCP altitude by 100 feet.Has anyone else experienced this, and if so, is there a way to prevent it. It is mighty hard to fly an ILS without the proper frequencies tuned on the radios :( Thanks,Kevin

Kevin,Do any of the problems still occur without RC running? If so then it's a problem with your installation of the aircraft. Have you updated it with the SU2 patch?This would seem to be a question that needs directing at the PMDG Forum. I fly the PMDG737 as do many of the RC beta testers and I haven't come across the problem you describe.Cheers,

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Guest KevinShea

Yeah, I did send this one over to the PMDG forum as well and it seems that Rob and Lefteris are aware of this problem and are trying to solve it.Thanks,Kevin

post the answer here, if you would. i'm sure someone will be interested, and if someone does a search in the future, the answer will be right here :-)

Guest KevinShea

No problem,Lefteris suggested that the next time it happens to anyone they should try pressing the CTRL key to see if it goes away. Just a thought for now, if I hear an answer I will post it here as well.Kevin