Sign in to follow this  
tony32

rc newbie question

hi everyone,i have aquestion i hope someone can answer.am i right in understanding that rc ony handles me and not fs9 ai traffic and if i want to hear ai i have to tune com2 to hear them.sorry if this has been covered before.thanks fo any help.

in v3.x i don't control the ai planes. i talk to them when appropriate.if you want to hear ms atc talk to them, you can tune com2 to the ms atc frequency and listen to that dialogjd

thanks for that,i use 31 version.i was also wondering why fs9 atc cleared another for takeoff while i was rolling down the runway,would have hit him/her.i may have missed something in the manual,any insight would be helpful.thanks.

no,they have a mind of their own i guess,just another couple questions if i could,i am not understanding the manual i guess,i never hear the airport name when getting clearance just starts with delivery,maybe this is normal,also do i need a separate flight planner to plan my flights or is using fs9's ok.thanks for your help.

fs9's planner is sufficient. fsnavigator, fsbuild and nav are superior.just be sure the other planner's flight plans are exported in fs .pln format, that is the best format for rcthere is no airport name with delivery. no one wanted to record all those airport names :-)jd