Sign in to follow this  
Guest zimmerbz

a little dissapointed, please help

Guest zimmerbz

I started my first flight and am not liking the results. I am flying KSAN-KPHX in the PMDG 737. I loaded my flight plan with FSBuild. My flight plan is KSAN-BRDR4.IPL-J2-MOHAL-ARLIN@-KPHX. I took off from rwy 9 and was cleared to proceed on course when able. I was able to in about 5 minutes since I was taking off on rwy 9. The ATC keeps telling me to fly heading 255, which is completely off course. I cant shut him up either! My other beek is that he is not reporting the weather that AS2004 is reporting. I got clear reports when I took off with an overcast. ANy suggestions? I am using FS9. Brad

Hi Brad,Let me see if I can help out a litle here. I fly the PMDG737NG only, and of course I do all my Radar Contact testing with it. Lets go over the two issues that you have mentioned.First the Border Four departure out of KSAN allows you to takeoff in either direction. I did not load your flight sequence into FSBuild, but the key in that departure is brows intersection. If there was a PGY waypoint inserted, which is a required checkpoint if you flight planed for a west departure on runway 27 then RC would have never crossed that point. What was the first waypoint in your filed flight plan? I know that you have BRDR4 with a Imperial transition in your flight plan, but I would like to know what the waypoints in your SID were in detail and in order. If PGY was there, that would explain why you kept getting the 255 off course instruction. A little trick with Radar Contact is that if you file a SID that has waypoints going the oposite direction from what you plan to fly, then when you take off, you request the "direct checkpoint" option. At this point you could have asked direct to IPL and that would have shut him up.Next on the ATIS, did you load AS2004 up first? It takes AS2004 a little while to populate all the weather variables before FS9 will report it correctly and that is what RC is using. What I do, is start FS9, with my PMDG737 as the default plane, load either FSM or AS2004 and then load RC. By the time I complete my pre-flight and am ready for a ATIS and a clearance I have correct weather loaded. Also, you should always clear weather via FSUIPC before loading AS2004. Clearing weather reduced the amount of time that the correct weather is loaded.Hope this helps, please post and let us know what happens.CheersBob Johnson

you might want to try the flexible departure procedure, which was put in version 3, for just this reasonjd

Guest zimmerbz

Yesterday I flew KMDW-KCMH. Everything was great! I thought i had things working. Yet now during my flight (KCMH-KBWI)i seem to have a few probs. I got clearance to t/o 10L and seemed that 28R was active so I switched. I took off and did not get cleared to go east at all. I flew runway heading until cruise altitude. I turned on my own. The departure was not a SID. My flight plan is KCMH-AIR-J162-MGW.EMI3-KBWI. I did everything you told me to do too. Problem 2, is that I fly all flights in the midwest but the ATC to me seems to be british. I downloaded everything that was told to me in the email and i thought i installed everything. It had me overwrite a lot of files though. What am i doing wrong? Brad

you asked for a runway change to 28R?were you cleared for takeoff?where was your first checkpoint, how far from the departure airport?does kcmh have a departure controller?we have several people who recorded controller wavs, who hail from britain. we use them everywhere. until more people record, we use what we havejd

Guest zimmerbz

I think i figured things out on the departure thing. I did a another flight and it was all systems go. I found a site that had different people's voices and even ORD and DEN atc chatter. There were no directions to install. i just installed everything into the winwood folder. In an email, i believe you wrote in order for it to work in FS9, i would need:http://avsim.com/flightdeck/rcv3/11.ziphttp://avsim.com/flightdeck/rcv3/12.ziphttp://avsim.com/flightdeck/rcv3/RCWavUpdateFULL.zipi installed all of these, could it be that I only need one of the 3? Am i just copying over files? Brad

Guest Scott Campbell

The site where everything can be located is http://fsflightdeck.com/rcv3The files are phyically located on the avsim directory, but the RC supplementary page with info is located at the Flight Deck.And the install readme in the zips do tell how to install.