Sign in to follow this  
Guest hkro

conflict of departing runways

Guest hkro

Hi all,Is it better not to specify any departing runway in the controller info page, since I experienced last time a conflict at EGLL (had specified 27L) and even ATC followed the 27L clearance for me while I saw all the traffic in front of me!!!! (departing 9R!!!!)How can I avoid this?Thanks,

i wouldn't specify a runway there. let rc decide what runway is best for you. and if it is in conflict with ms atc is using, request a change of runway, to the runway they are usingjd

Question for JD:Will RC4 through its analysis of AI ground/departure traffic trends synch with FS ATC in this departure runway situation? Will this be limited to just arrival?Happy coding.

I guess I'm not sychronized.It was posted that when getting near a destination in RC4, the trends of AI targets would be watched to determine the active runway so RC and FS9 AI controlling ATC would agree on the active runway(s)to avoid conflicts. This might also take in to account the use of AFCAD2 which affects in some cases the AI landing traffic according to runway privilege properties.My question is can/will RC4 also use a similar technique while gearing up for a departure so RC4 can pick the active take-off runways in agreement with the runways being used by FS9 controlled AI, again for the same reasons.I think I noticed in a recent Traffic Look readout the state of AI as departing, landing, or enroute so the info is there. I did not display ground traffic so I did not get the states that FSUIPC reports for them. Of course, one has to wait a few minutes for AI to taxi to the active runways and depart, but it might be an option and well worth the wait.I know that when AI is not present (active) that RC will then choose runways according to its present preference algorithms (mostly wind, then runway length, for departure, right?) or in the preflight RC Controller window a preference was declared or prior to taxi a different runway was declared.To summarize, I hope that FS controlled AI and RC4 ground will choose the same active runway(s) without user intervention. The FS ATIS and RC ATIS should then agree.Am I clearer now?

yes you areand yes, rc will use the same runways that fs ai planes use during departure and arrivaljd

Thank you for the clarification and pleasing response.