Sign in to follow this  
Guest Rudo

RC3.1 AI Aware?

Guest Rudo

Hi,This happened to me...I am on final approach, cleared to land, when I see a MD-80 getting ready to taxi into position on the runway. Is it my own responsibility to go arround or, as RC3.1 is AI aware, should I wait for Approach to, either tell me to go arround, or tell the MD-80 to hold short? I was flying an IAP-approach, not a vectored one!!BTW. I collided with the MD-80 on the runway... ;-(Thanks,Rudi Langezaal

rc should have given you a go around, and yelled at the ai plane. rc can't control that ai plane in 3.1in 4.0, he won't taxi in front of you, i've got that fixed :-)you could have also asked for a missed approachjd

Guest Rudo

>rc should have given you a go around, and yelled at the ai>plane. rc can't control that ai plane in 3.1>>in 4.0, he won't taxi in front of you, i've got that fixed>:-)>>you could have also asked for a missed approach>>jdHi John,Thanks for the reply. I wanted to see what would happen if I landed the plain so I didn't file for a missed approach.Once I was in position to take off on the runway AI aircraft were using to land on and it took RC quite a long time to clear me for take off. All the AI aircraft were going arround so I figured that the MD-80 would hold. It didn't.Rudi

Since you were busy on an IAP, had you been handed off and started your commo with tower ATC yet? It is tower that gives you the go-around even after a cleared-to-land when AI do dumb things. It works for me for the situation described and also If seperation was not maintained on final from the preceding aircraft and it has not cleared the runway in which case again tower will issue a go-around.Also with regard to your subject heading, RC 3.1 is AI aware and will issue traffic advisories to you and the other conflicting aircraft when enroute. If you fly the biggies I suggest you acquire a TCAS gauge to improve situational awareness.Also in the RC Options box there is a checkbox that needs to be ...uhhh checked to integrate with AI. 3.1 also requires later versions (it will self register) of FSUIPC 3.x to be AI aware.Latest build is installed.