Sign in to follow this  
Guest Mark Hazeldine

RC4 and FSVPI

Guest Mark Hazeldine

I just read about this from the Avsim news post. It might not help at all but maybe somehow this utility could enhance the AI control?Take a look.Mark

i have ai control, under control :-)the fsvpi stuff looks like multiplayer stuff, which isn't relevant, i don't thinkjd

Guest Mark Hazeldine

But what about getting AI to fly SID's, STARS, Airways and Holding patterns? It seems like FSVPI might be able to do that whereas i believe i remember you saying that currently you can't do that.Mark

Guest JohnMueller

Something which works like FSVPI - but works for a change (FSVPI is TRASH) would be a possibility.Regarding the idea behind FSVPI: it would be great to have a server (or a local app) control other aircraft (or for anyhow - other objects) in the sim. It's doable, just a question of work :). Everything from realistic follow-me-cars to automatic interceptors near strategic landmarks or - as you mention, AI flying SIDs, STARs, Airways and holding patterns based on weather and other traffic - it is theoretically all possible. Regarding FSVPI itself: It doesn't work. The creator still collects his money from developers and automatically sends them the broken files. It's not usable, there are no ways around the bugs in the API. Even the samples do not work.. and Mike Gaut is nowhere to be seen... :(Regarding the idea itself: I'm working on something similar, but so far "time has not been on my side" :). Send me a note, if anyone is interested, then I'll try to get at least a part of it working.John