Sign in to follow this  
djsebx

Microsoft talks about MSFS ATC - and releases ATC SDK

Microsoft have posted an interesting article all about the ATC in MSFS - the article covers what was involved in making the ATC audio and how 45,000 different audio files make up the audio you hear! Other topics include file management, naturalistic audio, and even voice talent! You can visit the Microsoft MSFS site and read the article in full [a href=http://www.microsoft.com/games/flightsimulator/fs2004_assembledvoices.asp]here[/a]Get the ATC voicepack SDK [a href=http://www.microsoft.com/games/flightsimulator/fs2004_downloads_sdk.asp]there[/a]

Sebastien BELLUTEAU

Guest Agrajag

Though they only hinted at the process, the whole "tot" thing is essential information. What they meant by this is that the person doing the recording actually spoke the word "tot" where it shows it. That's very much what I was talking to you about two words being pronounced as one. If every sample were recording using that phrase it's then much easier to remove it manually and any paste-in phrase will then have a very clean transition sound between them. Thus one - two becomes a clean onetwo phrase.This can also be someone faked as we discussed by true mixing or crossfading of the files (mixing is better but can have artifacts in some cases).

Why Radar Contact 4 does not uses the voicepack (.gvp file) in FS2004 to reproduce text and audio? it would be much easier to use whats already done and modify/add callsigns or instructions to the voicepack using the SDK dont you think?

it's pretty simple. i'm limited to their words and their phrases for clearances etc. i need quite a few more than what is available.plus, i was trying to internationalize, and provide users the ability to have their own voice as the pilot.jd

>plus, i was trying to internationalize, and provide users the>ability to have their own voice as the pilot.>>jd>I'm right with you there, JD.Fred