Sign in to follow this  
Guest CHayes1126

Radar Contact 3.1 then Upgrade

Guest CHayes1126

I have a quick question for you all. I am interested in buying Radar Contact as I would like to use the advanced instrument procedures it would add to FS9. Although this is a plus, the lack of AI control is a BIG negetive. I use Ultimate Traffic and would like the ATC to be able to communicate with AI traffic generated by UT as well. I want to wait for the v4 but at the same time I dont. What will be the upgrade procedures to upgrade from the current version, to v4 when it becomes available? I dont want to have to pay 40 bucks now and 40 later when v4 comes out. Also when is the general time that v4 may be released so I can see about how long I would need to wait if I decide to do so. Thanks.Chris

Guest RickT

Hi Chris,First of all, RCv4 will not be released for quite some time. Our policy has always been quality not calendar!Licensed Radar Contact users will be required to pay a reduced price upgrade fee.

Guest CHayes1126

Thank you for the response. I am glad to hear that a company strives for quality. You dont get that very often anymore. I have another question for you. Will there be any plans to upgrade V3 to work with FS2004 AI? That is my only real concern right now is compatibility with AI. I dont think I can fly around and not hear ATC control AI. Thanks for you response.Chris

3.1 will be the last release in the 3.x version.you can listen to fs atc talk to ut ai planes, if you want. rc will talk to you and ai planes that get to close to you.jd

Guest CHayes1126

ok JD you got me curious now. So RC does talk to UT AI planes? But they dont control them am I correct? So if im on final an AI plane will taxi right onto the runway and RC wont say a word? Im just curious at what exactly RC does with the AI planes.Thanks and sorry im being a hassle.Chris

in v3.1 i don't control the ai planes. in 4.0 (which is in early beta), i do control the ai planes.yes rc will talk to the ai planes, but i didn't want to make you think rc would give them a clearance, and the ai plane does it.in your scenario, you're on final, and a sai (stupid ai) plane taxi's onto the active. 3.1 will recognize it, yell at the sai plane (by tail number no less), and issue you a go around.enroute, if a plane passes within 10 miles and/or a thousand feet, then rc will give you a traffic advisory, and give him one two (by tail number). i even simulate his response with "chatter pilot" voices :-)to whet your whistle, in v4, i won't allow the sai plane from taxiing onto the runway you are cleared to land on.i will not clear you onto the runway for takeoff until all the arriving ai planes have landed, and all planes are off the runwayenroute, if i detect a conflict sometime in the future (at the moment i'm limited by the 80 mile radius of the fsuipc traffic tables), i will issue a new clearance to the ai plane, and i can actually make him turn or descend until the future conflict will no longer be a conflict.i haven't gotten to this point, but soon, if the conflict can't be avoided by just moving the ai plane, i will issue a new clearance as well.hope that helpsjd

Guest CHayes1126

JD thanks for the response... V4 sounds like it is going to be GREAT! I think I will wait for its release before I purchase. Thanks.Chris

I agree that is the main negative point with not enough natural sounds when you play for the first times.But they are so little negative points balanced by all the positive features, you'll forget about them (the negatives ones lol), and you won't use anymore FS default ATC !Just Radar Contact 3 alone as FS addon, this will involve you in transatlantic flights, and everywhere you can hear real ATC thanks to RCV3.I explained this several times in long posts on a French FS forum, and i know at least three people who bought it then :D:-outtaSebastien, France.

Sebastien BELLUTEAU

Guest Hickup4695

I have been using UT and RC 3.1 for a long time. It works great together. Yeah, it doesn't control the planes but man they still work great together. I am sitting on taxi for birds in front of me waiting their turn to fly, and then 3, 2, now only one, I then let my copilot call tower and tell them we are ready for takeoff, as the bird in front of my rolls onto runway, I get the, hold wilst the 737 takesoff, then I hear the ATC call the UT bird by it's proper call sign to take off, when it has been handed off, I am cleared for takeoff if all is clear. I must admit when landing I sometimes have to turn traffic back a little on the slide bar if it is a busy part of the day. Also, if you are getting ready to land and UT AI is either landing or pulling onto runway and your are to close you will be asked to go around, then vectored back around for a go at it. For me the two works great together and I have had no regrets for with one. I have had no surprises with it or let downs. Sounds great to me and can't wait until 4 comes out until then. My skies are full with UT and RC!The BugmanJackson, Tennesseehttp://jdtllc.com/images/RCsupporter.jpg

It looks like v4 will be great!Just one comment on: "i will not clear you onto the runway for takeoff until all the arriving ai planes have landed, and all planes are off the runway"I think it's fairly normal (at least in the UK) for aircraft to be told to line-up after the landing aircraft - ie they don't have to wait until the landing aircraft has left the runway, just until it has passed the aircraft waiting to enter the runway. Of course this is assuming there's enough spacing between one landing aircraft and the next.I think this would decrease the delay in getting away from busy airports. MS ATC always waits for the aircraft to leave the runway before clearing the next aircraft to position and hold, and I'm convinced this is one of the major causes of the long lines of aircraft waiting to take-off at places like Heathrow.Ian

Ian Box

Guest CHayes1126

Does anyone have any videos of V3 in action? Or possibly do you know where I can get some?

poorly worded on my part. if there are no incoming airplanes, i will clear you to taxi into position and hold. then i will wait for any airplanes that have just departed or arrived to clear the runway. then i will clear you for takeoffall bets are off, if there are landing aircraft. i let them land :-)