Sign in to follow this  

Does FS2002 use all installed aircraft as AI?

I am not big into AI -but have mostly noticed AI aircraft on the ramps as being Microsoft default aircraft.However , I just taxied into an airport and there sitting on the tarmac was a FEDEX Cessna Caravan. Now, I have a FEDEX repaint of the Caravan in my aircrafts folder -- so this leads to my question .Thanks Barry

The FS2002 traffic engine uses the title line of an aircraft as the basis for what aircraft are AI. Therefore, if you delete the default 744's and replaced them with POSKY, they would not show up. Now, if you were to do that same thing, but change the title line of the POSKY 744's to match the one's previously on the MS 744's, they WOULD show up as AI. Chances are your FedEx C208 either wrote over one of the old liveries, or you gave it the same title as one that was already there, and so FS2002 picks it up as an AI aircraft.Hope I didn't confuse you (its pretty late, and my mind isn't working quite right anymroe).Scott

I wonder where That came from .lolActually it is my fault When I put it in the folder I put it in the texture folder to overwrite one already there and put it in "texture"folder So the one that was there is now Gone I imagine :(Sorry :)Anniette xxxxxxxxxx

Guest jabberthecat

Scott, can you clarify this. Is the title the important part?For instance, below is part of the dash8 aircraft.cfg after I addeda download livery. The original title line is:title=De Havilland Dash 8-100The addon livery title line is:title=De Havilland Dash 8-100 Air Canada Jazz (C-FACT)So AI would "miss" this livery with the addon title line,but if I change to match the default FS2002 title line, thenAI will find/use the livery?Thanks,Myles[fltsim.0]title=De Havilland Dash 8-100sim=DH_Dash8_100model=panel=sound=texture=kb_checklists=DH_Dash8_100_checkkb_reference=DH_Dash8_100_refatc_id=C-FACTatc_airline=Air Canadaatc_flight_number=12ui_manufacturer=De Havillandui_type=Dash 8-100ui_variation=Air Canada Jazz (Green)description=Air Canada Jazz green

Yes, BUT,FS has problems with aircraft sharing the same title for more than on aircraft... doesnt know which to use then... make sure You have a unique title.TM