Sign in to follow this  
t_a_h

Separation

Hi,I have experienced that when I am at approach course, RC ATC does not separate me enought from other planes which are in front of me for landing or are parallel for a parallel runway approach.I experience that while using AS2004 with Wake Turbolence set ON. RC sends me right into a wake if a BIG Iron touched down befor me. Doesnt RC know if the AI in front of me is/was a big one or a cessna?

no, unfortunately i don't know what type of aircraft is in front of you. i know it's speed, it's call sign, a number of other things.sorry. jd

jd,well, why does AFCAD knows the size of a aircraft to place it into the right parking spot at a gate or ramp? How does this info gets proccessed and why cant it be of any help identify the AI in front of me?When FS) ATC calls a AI heavy, it is probably a A310/A330/340, B767/B777/B747 or alike and more separation is needed. Cant you here what the FS9 ATC calls a AI any why and use this info about heavy or not or GA?I know how importaint separation is especialy in approach area of an airport. I can whatch out myself but the time I can myself identify the type and size of the plane, I am loooong within the wake!United Traffic of F1 is teriffic and does a greate job running the AI about right. I can run AI with 98 to 100% density and it seems to be realistic around airports and at ground of about every airport.AS2004 has still a little problem vectoring the wake right and having a heavy iron make a bigger wake than a cessna GA. But mostly it is right on the numbers.There should be a way to find for a solution for next update or upgrade of RC.

sorry, the data i have to go on is in the tcas data area in fsuipc. there is no aircraft type in that data

jd,is there none data about anything else than speed, vector and altitude of x number of AIs in the area from fsuipc? What about tail number or any other info FS9 gives fsuipc about AI?So, separation by the book of FAA is not doable at all for RC? Just some savety distance between me and AI you can vector me? I never heard RC telling me to reduce speed or speed up because of traffic befor or behind me or else...

jd,i'v just read the manual to the latest fsuipc...I can select the type OR the tail numbe OR ...Here I post what I found about the Data TCAS of fsuipc gives me and you:

jd,what of these info gets send to you by fsuipc TCAS?atc_id=N123XXatc_id_color=0xffffffffatc_airline=CONTINENTALatc_flight_number=1000atc_parking_types=GATEatc_parking_codes=COAatc_heavy=0ui_manufacturer=Flight One AI Aircraftui_type=Boeing 737-900ui_variation=Continental AirlinesIf type+ is here Boeing 737-900 or Boeing 747-400, than you have all you need to make a good separation. You know the size and engine type of a B737-900 or a B747-400, right?The manual of fsuipc doesnt tell me more about what exactly of the aircraft.cfg is the type+ info... I see no "make" line anywhere...

typedef struct _TCAS_DATA{ DWORD id; // 0 = empty, otherwise this is an FS-generated ID. (Do not use this for anything other than checking if the slot is empty or used

jd,it is up to Pete Dowson to provide you with a AI type within FS9 fsuipc. As his manual tells me it is basicly doable to provide you with this tcas data...I guess you agree that it is importaint to give you all doable data to be able to separate me and AI. You cannot vector AI but me. But you cannot do that when you dont know what type of AI is around me. Center iRL always knows what flys up there in the sky in there controle area to line up the approaching planes and give all a speed, a altitude and vector to separate for savety and line them up in a nice line for the approach controler, right?Well, but why dont you tell me to gain speed or to drop to a lower speed so I keep a always save distance to any AI for approach. Why not just suppose there are only B747 and I have to be min. 4nm away from them? To make me do that you have to tell me to fly faster or less fast etc.

if peter can provide the aircraft type, i might be able to do something. but i don't see anything there that says he can. i'll ask him.but in the end, i'm not sure i can seperate the way you are describing. but then again, who would have thought i would get this far. :-)

jd,right exactly on the numbers! When someone can do it, it's YOU!You already did such a superb good job with what we all enjoy today and I know it will even get better and better faster then MS can ever do it!If Pete could give you this data about the type, than you just need a list of aircraft types and what the difference is. You come up with a factor for each type and this factor is the key by which you program RC to separate more or less by speed and vector.Let's see, a GA Cessna 172 would be type 1 and I could fly up to 0.5nm behind him without getting big hit of wake. A Beechjet would be type 2 for 0.75nm and a B717 or DC9 or alike would be type 3 with 1.25nm. A B737-200/900 would be type 4 with 2.25nm and as well all with about same size and engines like A319/320/321. A B757/B767 would be type 5 with 2,75nm and a B777/747 and A310/330/340 would be type 6 the greatest with 4nm separation.I guess better tables already exists by the FAA for all the separations. But make it easy and save, the less RC has to compute the data for all the AIs out there...If there are just GA, normal airliners and heavies, than you have 3 classes with 1.5, 2.5 and 4nm seperation distance between me and AI.Yes, please ask Pete about that, because I know you know it is importaint to get RC even more real! We all will love you and pay you for that for the next upgrade with this extra of realism!

Guest jerel2k4

JD,Excellent Air Traffic Control program. I have been using this for years. I am currently using a program called FS Hot Seat. http://www.fshotseat.com It works along with RC and also includes AI blast for AI Traffic. They have figured a way wherein the copilot will announce the type of aircraft who taking off on your departure runway, i.e. boeing 737 preparing for takeoff, one taxiing in position and how many are waiting to takeoff on the runway. Maybe FS Hotseat developers could give you some insight on how to identify the aircraft for separation purposes.Thanks,Jerel