Sign in to follow this  
Chris_CYWG

A thought for V4 - re appraoches

I don't presently own Radar Contact, but have been reading the forums lately, and the idea of some ATC that knows whats going on controlling AI caught my eye!So what I am wondering (or maybe its already implemented) Is there anyway to force the AI traffic into doing an instrument approach all the time? As an example, I fly alot of sim in the Hawaiian Islands, if there is a westerly flow, the real approach is an LDA to 26L, and sometimes they sidestep into 26R as well. Because the conditions in the sim warrant a Visual approach, they send them in right through the terrain to the North of Honolulu to 26R, and a straight in Visual 26L over the city... I figure if you could force the IFR approach, it would kill these visual through the terrain approaches and make it more realistic... any thoughts?Thanks,Chris

not implemented, and probably won't be in v4.can't you make the ai planes do what you want with the ai tools? certainly not my are of expertise.my concern is to keep the ai planes seperated from you, and if a conflict arises, get them out of your way.i'll let someone else write an ai simulator :-)jd

Hi Chris,you should try Ultimate Traffic http://www.flight1.com/esd-products.asp?product=utrafficIf they didn't programm AI in your pref area right, tell them and they will correcting it, I am sure!UT from Flight1 is the way to go and do not blame RC 3.1 or 4.But.... JD, here is just a thought:what about you and Flight1 get into contact about AI? You as a controller have to know every flight and filed plan from any aircraft entering your controlled zone, right? With RC you have ALL of the world to controll. So why not have a database of all the AI flightplans to look at. When I file a plan you can look into the database and find any that would be around my trip and better know what is going on. With your next version 4 you are even able to vectore AI, ok. But when you know all AI by type via a Flight1 UT AI database, you can make even a better job of separate AI and me. And the is still the problem that RC vectores me for approach to a runway which is ok for weather etc. BUT somehow even with UT many AI are taking off from (as Example)18L when I get vectored landing at 36R and so I have to make a GA often at big airports. I know fsuipc helps FS9 to use the right runway when the weather wind demands for it. But somehow there is still a problem. Is it within the flightplans of AIs? Is it fsuipc? You know fsuips, but maybe you dont know the big bestseller UT from Flight1? You three should work together and solve all problems and enable better separation and vectoring ALL.Just a thought.>I don't presently own Radar Contact, but have been reading>the forums lately, and the idea of some ATC that knows whats>going on controlling AI caught my eye!>>So what I am wondering (or maybe its already implemented) Is>there anyway to force the AI traffic into doing an instrument>approach all the time? >>As an example, I fly alot of sim in the Hawaiian Islands, if>there is a westerly flow, the real approach is an LDA to 26L,>and sometimes they sidestep into 26R as well. Because the>conditions in the sim warrant a Visual approach, they send>them in right through the terrain to the North of Honolulu to>26R, and a straight in Visual 26L over the city... I figure if>you could force the IFR approach, it would kill these visual>through the terrain approaches and make it more realistic...>any thoughts?>>Thanks,>>Chris

couple of reasons. i would have to keep up with constant updates from flight1, lago, and the other players in the ai segment. and then there are the people that build their own plans. it would be a support nightmareon the other hand, v4 knows what runway the ai planes are landing and departing from, and v4 will choose those runways above the "standard" rc runway selection criteria. even if it makes no sense at all, v4 will use the runways the ai planes are using

JD,well, why not hang with the Bestseller as F1 UT is? An even better idea is that there is a tool to disasemble the traffic.bgl, right? Why not implement a function the user can choose that RC automaticly runs ones the disasemble tool and now has this database. Now when I select and activate a flightplan, RC4 scannes through this database and has all info up-to-date.Ok, your way is way more flexible and will do it as well, if it is working as good as with a AI database in the test-phase.RC4 will know the type of the AI around it in critical distance zone and so will provide the best separation by vectoring both me and the AI. And you know which runway the AI will land and takeoff from. Just the Flightlevel problem remains...>couple of reasons. i would have to keep up with constant>updates from flight1, lago, and the other players in the ai>segment. and then there are the people that build their own>plans. it would be a support nightmare>>on the other hand, v4 knows what runway the ai planes are>landing and departing from, and v4 will choose those runways>above the "standard" rc runway selection criteria. even if it>makes no sense at all, v4 will use the runways the ai planes>are using

>Hi Chris,>>you should try Ultimate Traffic >http://www.flight1.com/esd-products.asp?product=utraffic>>If they didn't programm AI in your pref area right, tell them>and they will correcting it, I am sure!>>UT from Flight1 is the way to go and do not blame RC 3.1 or>4.>>This isn't an Ultimate Traffic problem at all.. this is the way MS has programmed the ATC to correspond with the current weather. MS will ALWAYS call for a visual approach to the runway if:1) Weather is better than 1000 feet and 3 miles2) There is no ILS approach available for that runway.Because of this limitation, it is causing the AI traffic to be cleared straight in through the terrain to the runways... I don't see what the difference is if its VFR weather or IFR weather, force the instrument approach, its already programmed in to do it in the sim, just have to over ride that 1000 and 3 miles. Last time I was flying and the weather was 1000 overcast and 3 miles I sure wasn't cleared for a visual approach!!Chris