Sign in to follow this  
Guest Pilot Baz

No text in the Advdisplay with FS9 while it works fine ...

Guest Pilot Baz

Hello,A friend of mine and I are building a cockpit at his placewe just have installed radar contact and it is working fine with FS2002 But now that we have FS9 also it doesn't work at FS9.We reinstalled RC (and we did the update list of the JDTLLC site)and it is still working fine with FS2002 but not in FS9.I think we certanly did al of the updates and we installed the adventure display but... we don't get any text in the display. We looked to the options but it still isn't working.Can anybody please tell me wat we have to do to let it work?????

Guest RickT

Have you turned Adventure Display on? Please click on the modules menu intem in FS9. The second entry should be Adv Display. Click on it if there is no check mark there. Adv Display should appear in the top left corner for you to move and size to your likeing. If what you were using has a green background that is FS9's internal viewer.

Guest Pilot Baz

Yes I did have turned the adventure display on but there won't come any text in it while RC says ok. I switched the color of the text to look if it was that, but the only thing I then got was a kind of test line in the new colour.the display i'm using has a grey background what seemed normal to me.Regards Baz

Guest RickT

Are you using Adv Display version 2.123?Is your cockpit system setup on more than 1 PC where you are utilizing WideFS? I'm just trying to get an idea of how your system is setup to help troubleshoot.The colors I use are a black background with green text. You can use whatever look good to you.

Guest RickT

One other thing you may have overlooked. Did you put copies of FSUIPC.DLL and ADVDISPLAY.DLL in your Flight Sim modules folder of both FS2002 and FS9?

Guest Pilot Baz

I did put a copy of FSUIPC.DLL and ADVDISPLAY.DLL into both of the sims modules folder i'm using adventure display 2.123 the newest one of the JDTLLC site. At the moment we are flying with one PC.We do have plans to expand but not yet for a while.i'm not using WideFS I just open FS9 and make a Flightplan with FSnavigator i expot it as a Radar contact file and after that i load it with RC. He's showing ok in the most under window. I do the checklist and i still don't get anything in the menu.I usualy start in a Dark cockpit i put on the batt master and Avioncs on and after that i start RC and open my flightplan.When i Start FS9 he is saying somethin about UIPC .....See FSUIPC.log for more details can that be something??Regards Baz

Guest RickT

You are exporting your FS Navigator flight plan to the wrong format. You should be exporting to FS200x. Please refer to the RCv3 Quick Start guide beginning on page 15 or the detailed instructions for FS Navigator beginning on page 48 of the Radar Contact manual.I suspect you might be running an older version of FSUIPC if that was the error you got when you started FS9 or your version of Radar Contact is out of date. You should be running FSUIPC.DLL version 3.20 and RCv3.1 version 3.1 build 2267.

Guest Topcat66

Baz,If you are running RC from the Windows Start Menu, check which ".exe" file is being run when you start up the program. I was having the same problem until I discovered that the icon was linked to "rcv3.exe" and not "rcv31.exe". (This is assuming that you have installed the RCv3.1 beta for use with FS9.) The installation routine for the program creates an icon linked to "rcv3.exe".One I made the change, my display started to work correctly.I assume that you will have to create a seperate icon/link to the earlier version to work with FS2002, but I defer that to the experts.Hope it works for you.Tom

Guest Pilot Baz

Hello,Thank you verry much it was indead directing to the wrong .exei can do export a FSnav to Radar contact without the Fs200xthe FSUIPC is the right version the 3.20Thank you so much now i can finally fly with RC and FS2004Thank you thank you thank you etc.Regards Baz

Guest RickT

Thank you Tom for suggesting that. The Radar Contact export was for RCv2. JD has changed a bunch of things and Baz you need to start using the FS200x export option in FS Navigator.

Guest Pilot Baz

Alright thanks for the tipRegards Baz