Sign in to follow this  
Guest jeffg

Busting Altitudes?

Guest jeffg

I just reinstalled RC Ver 3.10 and installed all the updates and went out and flew a flight with PSS A340 installed in FS9.I was climbing out of Miami to New York and was on the way up to FL 370 and I was getting atc telling me I was busting my altitudes and my flight level first was FL 230 than FL 330 and up to FL 370.I was on a normal climb with ap engaged and got 4 warnings from atc.What am I suppose to do when I am climbing and still getting warnings? Jeffg

It sounds as if you didn't re-set your altimeter to 29.92 when you were above the Transition Altitude. If I recall, the real A340 panel has a knob marked "Pull Std" to do this - I guess there'll be something similar to click on in the PSS version.Although the above seems the most likely cause, you can also get odd results by not entering the Transition Alitude on the Controller Info page as a Flight Level. I know that's a complete contradiction in terms but that's the way it is in RC. Make sure you have 180 and not 18000 in the Trans Alt box.Pete

Guest jeffg

Transition altitude was set at 18,000 and the altimeter at kmia was 3004 and was changed to standard at fl180.Everything was set right in the options page. JeffG

Transition altitude was set at 18,000 Yes, but was the entry in the Trans Lev box on the Controller Info page "180" or "18000"?Pete

Guest jeffg

I will double check the options page and let you know. JeffG

Guest Rudo

Hi,You cannot climb straight to FL370 within Radar Contact. You have to maintain and level off at your assigned altitudes, the first being FL230. When flying at FL230 wait for RC to clear you to go to FL330 and level of at that altitude. Wait for clearance to FL370 etc... When you go beyond your assigned altitide ATC will warn you... So just be patient.Rudi

Guest jeffg

I was climbing to assigned altitudes. JeffG

Guest Rudo

In that case: I have no idea...Happend to me once. I was level at FL240 and RC told me to keep my altitude: FL240, over and over again (QNH at 29,92). On another occasion RC skipped altitudes altogether. I was at FL230 and out of the blue was told: sir, your assigned altitude is 12.000, decent now... I never got cleared to 12.000 in the first place.Strange things happen... ;-)