Sign in to follow this  
t_a_h

Altitude orders

Hi JD,when I fly from EDDM to EDDH with a B733 (Ariane B733 and Panel) loaded with ACLoader latest version, using latest RC, I get restrictions flying to FL150, FL220, etc. untill I am at the altitude I wanna be and planned for. It is a short haul so I often stick with FL290 or FL310 or FL330.I often fly as a passenger the same route. I live in Munic and my parents in Hamburg Germany. I know exactly that NEVER the pilot leveled out at FL150 or between departure takeoff and the planned cruse altitude, he flys the plane in a straight path up to where he wanna get. To do so I have permanently tell RC Controller to let me fly to the next FL. I know my Ariane B733 has max vsi at 1800ft/min. in the autopilot section. But because I never fly 100% loaded, neither with 100% fuel, the Boeing does easily 2800ft/min. and when higher 2200ft/min. and between FL280 and FL330 I fly at 1800ft/min and 1600ft/min. I guess that is realistic.WHY does RC vetor me from one FL to the next with BIG pause between? Why not just tell me that I may pass through the controller spaces just by contacting the next controller or alike? If there would be traffic I have to be vectored around and that with changing altitudes and or staying at a FL than I would understand that. But I know there is not this much traffic up there between EDDM and EDDH and I know you still cannot vectore for separation. Why staying at Flightlevels when I am not yet up where I wanna be and filed in with my plan?

not sure if the concept of low, high, and super high controller's exist in europe. but in the us, you have to switch from one controller to the next as you leave one stratum and go to the next one. that is one reason.the other reason, again at least in the us, you may be delayed at one flight level for many different reasons. i'm simply simulating that realityjd

JD,you do not know the eurpoean ATC rules? Not even the differencies?So what would you do if someone could tell you about that how it gets handled here? Would you implement these in RC4?>not sure if the concept of low, high, and super high>controller's exist in europe. but in the us, you have to>switch from one controller to the next as you leave one>stratum and go to the next one. that is one reason.>>the other reason, again at least in the us, you may be delayed>at one flight level for many different reasons. i'm simply>simulating that reality>>jd

i have a british controller on the beta team. if he thinks it is a big enough problem, then i would consider itjd

JD,please implement a option in RC4 for none-US airspace: Option if stratum transition like in the US or straight otherwise as far as no AI conflict comes up.In Germany I never experienced any level-off at one stratum. Ones of now 6 times within last 4 years the pilot told us passengers that he has to stay at a lower Flightlevel because of the bad weather. Either he saw it on Weather Radar and reacted or the last Weather call made up his planning just befor starting the flight...Maybe other RC customers outside US can tell you how it is??? You probably wand to look out how it is handled outside, because RC has to work everywhere, right?

Guest Rudo

Hi,I flew from EDDT to EHAM last night at FL260. Altitude orders were FL150-FL230-FL260. Just before reaching FL150 I got cleared to FL230 and just before reaching FL230 I got cleared to FL260 so it felt like a continuous climb to me...Also: in the US FL180 is standard transition level whereas in Europe every country/airport has its own. EDDT transition alt is 6000, EHAM transition alt is 3000. You may want to take a look at the transition levels and enter those in the controller options.Normally I leave the transition level at 18000 and get clearance to climb initially to "six thousend". When I put 6000 as the trans.level for my departing airport, I get cleared to "Flight level six zero"I fly the PSS Airbus A3XX. When entering the flightplan in the 'FMC', the transition altitudes for the derarture and arrival are displayed and programmed into the flightplan. Otherwise you have to take a look at the SID and STAR plates...

Hi,I was looking for real pilots or airline customers/passengers who could tell more what they experienced about this issue in real life...>Hi,>>I flew from EDDT to EHAM last night at FL260. Altitude orders>were FL150-FL230-FL260. Just before reaching FL150 I got>cleared to FL230 and just before reaching FL230 I got cleared>to FL260 so it felt like a continuous climb to me...>>Also: in the US FL180 is standard transition level whereas in>Europe every country/airport has its own. EDDT transition alt>is 6000, EHAM transition alt is 3000. You may want to take a>look at the transition levels and enter those in the>controller options.>>Normally I leave the transition level at 18000 and get>clearance to climb initially to "six thousend". When I put>6000 as the trans.level for my departing airport, I get>cleared to "Flight level six zero">>I fly the PSS Airbus A3XX. When entering the flightplan in the>'FMC', the transition altitudes for the derarture and arrival>are displayed and programmed into the flightplan. Otherwise>you have to take a look at the SID and STAR plates...>>

Guest szp

if you do implement it, please make it optional- having the challenges of intermittant level-offs, heading changes, etc. is the reason i bought rc. i suspect that's true for other people, too.

and that is exactly why that is in there. in v4, you may be leveled off for several minutes, before being cleared higher. i don't make this stuff up, it is thought up by the professionals :-)jd

Guest NilsM

Hello,first of all, a big compliment for RC, I really love the only serious program for FS 9. The target group are the americans, but just don

When I put 6000 as the trans.level for my departing airport, I get cleared to "Flight level six zero"Rudi,This happens because of an error in the way the non-US system of Transition Altitude/Levels has been implemented in RC. The workaraound is simple:Take the published Transition Altitude, add 1000ft and then enter it in Flight Level format. For example, published TA 3000ft, enter FL40; TA 6000ft, enter FL70.Although this would not work in the real world, it's fine for RC and will give you altitudes up to and including the Transition Altitude and Flight Levels above.Pete