Sign in to follow this  
toothjockey

error after upgrade

I am getting the following error when opening RC3.1 after upgrading:The opening screen loads (reading version 3.10.2264 and dated January 28, 2003). In an error window named Radar Contact the text is "Run-time error '53': File not found.I haven't used the program in a long time, and before I uninstall and reinstall, I thought I would ask if I anyone knows what is wrong.Thanks,Don Maxwell

Don Maxwell (toothjockey) San Diego, CA
Raptor Lake i9-13900K / ASUS ROG Strix Z790-F Gaming WiFi 6E LGA 1700 / Gigabyte Geforce RTX4090 Windforce 24GB /
Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR5-5600 / Corsair iCUE H150i Elite LCD 58.1 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler /
EVGA SuperNOVA 1300 GT / Corsair 5000D Airflow ATX Mid Tower / Samsung 49" 4K / Windows 11 Home 64bit

I should add....the program stalls at this point and will not open. I never get past the opening screen.Thanks,Don

Raptor Lake i9-13900K / ASUS ROG Strix Z790-F Gaming WiFi 6E LGA 1700 / Gigabyte Geforce RTX4090 Windforce 24GB /
Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR5-5600 / Corsair iCUE H150i Elite LCD 58.1 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler /
EVGA SuperNOVA 1300 GT / Corsair 5000D Airflow ATX Mid Tower / Samsung 49" 4K / Windows 11 Home 64bit

Guest RickT

Hi Don,After you downloaded RCv31.ZIP did you extract rcv31.exe and copy it to your rcv30 folder?That error means file not found. Further did you update your rcv3 shortcut and make sure the target line is pointing to rcv31.exe?

Rick,>Hi Don,>>After you downloaded RCv31.ZIP did you extract rcv31.exe and>copy it to your rcv30 folder?I extracted (with overwrite) all files in the zip to the rcv30 folder.>That error means file not found. Further did you update your>rcv3 shortcut and make sure the target line is pointing to>rcv31.exe?yes, shortcut is correct. I get the same error when trying to open the file from windows exlorer without a shortcut.Thanks,Don

Guest RickT

Please take a screen snapshot of:1. The error your getting.2. The shortcut tab of your rcv3 shortcut.Send them to rick@jdtllc.com.Are you familiar with doing screen captures? If not here is what I want you to do. Please run Radar Contact. From your description it should display the file not found error. That is what I want to see.1 Press the Print Screen key on your keyboard.2. Load the Windows Paint program - here's how Start|All Programs|Accessories|Paint3. In Windows Paint click on the Edit menu and click Paste. A picture of Radar Contact should now be loaded in Paint.4. Click File As and type in a name. Rememeber where you saved it 5. Do the same for the second screen capture.6. Start an email to me rick@jdtllc.com.6. Look for a menu item call Insert and click on it.7. It should open up into the My Documents folder. Scroll down until you see My Pictures and click on it. Scroll down again until you see the files you just saved. Click on them.8. Those pictures are now attached to the email.9. Send the email.

Thanks Rick,I just sent the email.Don