Sign in to follow this  
Guest machtoo

Losing the Controller Voice during Flight

Guest machtoo

I am a veteran user of RC and I am using the 3.1 verison of RC currently. I can start a flight fine hear clearance, ground, tower, but after contacting center the first time I am losing the center voice.. I see the Acknowledge message popup on the AdvDisp and acknowledge and the piplot voice ackowledges, but no center voice.Any clues on what to check?Thanks,Dean

did you download the additional voice packages, the url's are on the pinned message at the top.you have to download the new voices, and the updates to all the current voices, as part of upgrading to 3.1jd

Guest machtoo

Hi JD,I did download ans install the three packages listed on the main page....11, 12, and full. Are there any others to install?Thanks,Dean

Guest RickT

How many files do you have in Winwood folders 2 - 12?

Guest machtoo

2-133-11354-11355-156-11357-11358-11359-113510-1811-113412-1134

Guest machtoo

P.S. All I am getting are ground voices. ATIS, Clearance, Ground, Tower. No departure or center voices.Dean

Guest RickT

Your missing quite a few files in 2, 5 and 10. You should have at least 1134 files in each of those folders. The extra file in each folder is a txt file containing the name of the controller.

where did all the wavs go in 2, 5 and 10?recover them from a backup, or reinstall from cdjd

Guest machtoo

I'll give that a shot and let you know the results.Dean

Guest machtoo

Appreciate the vectors. I figured out what had happened after the last posts. I had removed folders 2,5,and 10 in their entirety quite a while ago to remove certain accents. When I updated the waves with the new update file it created partial folders, do the program was trying to access files in the folders that ere not their.Restoring them from a Winwood backup folder I had created fixed them. I assume you can still remove complete folders if you do not want certain accents when you fly ina particular region?Thanks,Dean

Guest B1900 Mech

Hi JD, I have all the approprate files in the above folders, but on a flight from KHYA Hyannis Mass to KALB Albany NY, I lost the approach controller,but got ALB tower?

remove all the files from 2, 5, and 10 again, and they won't be candidates for play next time.if there is any files in a folder, i assume there are controller wavs there to play. when you loaded the rcv31 wav updates, it placed new wavs in 2, 5, and 10. it didn't know you didn't want themthen as soon as it was time to play 2, the wavs that needed to be played weren't there, but there were files. so you heard dead airjd