Sign in to follow this  
Mike S KPDX

AI aircraft - do you see them??

I would like to know what, if anything, you guys are using for a standalone TCAS or radar gauge? As RC does not vector you for AI, I find it difficult to operate around them (getting overtaken on approach, ect...)Right now I just go into slew mode until things clear up, better suggestions??thanks

CPU: Core i5-6600K 4 core (3.5GHz) - overclock to 4.3 | RAM: (1066 MHz) 16GB
MOBO: ASUS Z170 Pro |  GeForce GTX 1070 8GB | MONITOR: 2560 X 1440 2K

i use trafficlook by pete d. v4 is vectoring ai planes out of potential conflict situations. approach will be another challengejd

A number of reliable sources have said that if/when MS release the AI SDK it will include the AI tactical display that some may have used with FS2002 (in that release it was MS debug code that could be enabled via a third-party module).If this is the case it should include an option to delete an AI aircraft with a few clicks of the mouse/keyboard, and should enable us to zap those b******* that taxi onto the runway and cause so many go-arounds.This will have to do, until jd and team have v4 ready.Ian

Ian Box

yep, saw the traffic look - two issues, must run in window mode (single monitor) plus it is listed vs. mappped.curious about "This will have to do, until jd and team have v4 ready", what will have to do??I think I might investigate some guauge that comes with some F16 - it looks like it may take a lot of work either way.thanks to both of you, appreciated.

Sorry if I wasn't clear - I was talking about the AI tactical display (I think this was known in FS2002 as AIview) not Pete Dowson's traffic look.The tactical display in FS2002 had an option to selectively delete AI aircraft, which was useful to remove aircraft which were about to encroach on your airspace/groundspace.If the predictions are correct (that a version compatible with FS2004 will be included in the AI SDK) then this can be used to avoid conflicts. JD says that RC v4 will prevent AI traffic from causing conflicts by vectoring them around the user's aircraft and/or forcing them to hold short of the runway on which you're about to land. Until then, the crude method of deleting the AI aircraft using the tactical display program will be one way of avoiding the problem.Hope that's more clear.Ian

Ian Box

thanks for your clarification...now I have to be a bit more clear - I am running FS9 (sorry I did not post that before)neither AImap or AIview work with FS9, so we both will have to wait for the SDK, thanks again.:-)

Just as an addendum to this topic - the Traffic Toolbox SDK has now been released by Microsoft. Not only does it include the 'tactical display' (now called Traffic Map), but also a utility called Traffic Explorer, which seems to allow a fair a amount of control of AI aircraft.I'll still be looking forward to RC V4, but until then it looks like there's a manual way to avoid conflicts with the AI.Ian

Ian Box