Sign in to follow this  
t_a_h

Missing Chatter area

jd,372: 9 files in 8 folders total size 1.68kb91: 1,026 files in 0 folder total size 3.97MB98: 1,026 files in 0 folder total size 3.332MB>i have been busy painting, so i haven't been connected much>in the last 48 hours.>>do you have any wavs in winwood372?>>do you have any wavs in winwood91 - winwood98? how many?>>jd

files in each: 92 = 1026, 93 = 1026, 94 = 1026, 95 = 1026, 96 = 1026, 97 = 1026

send me your .pln file, and i'll have a beta tester fly it, and see if they get chatterjd

>send me your .pln file:) Does being over water make a difference to the chatter that's played? Scott?PP

OK, I've flown it and it's exactly as Torben reported. Plenty of "chatter" - I do hate that expression! - on all the LEMD frequencies and with Madrid Control. After passing into Portuguese airspace at MINTA and being handed over to Lisboa Control there was one (synthetic?) call of "TXA fly heading 285" and then a deathly silence (as far as chatter was concerned) all the way to Madeira.As I mentioned before, all the flight after Faro (VFA) was over water - can't remember whether this has an affect on chatter or not.Pete

Pete,thanx for having done the test to confirm what I am writing about.I guess wildy that not very many RC customers fly to Madeira, right? Otherwise it would have been reportet befor me already.

many many posts ago, i asked if you were over water. long ago we decided not to do synthetic chatter over water. something about it being unrealistic to hear that many clearances, or handoffs to approach, etc, over water. if there is atlantic oceanic chatter for that area, it would play. but i don't have any.mystery solved. no synthetic chatter over water. oceanic chatter over water when available.jd

Well, if it were just and only over water... yes agreed.But Madeira belongs to portugal or more so to Lisboa Control ATC center. So, I would get none chatter whenever I fly in portugal area over country NOT water/ocean?!? And I dont care if I hear there spanish or portugees chatter. And so fare this Liboa Control would be heard in all of the controlled zone all the way to Madeira, so I should hear what is going on befor a plane enters a approach or comes out of departure frequency of Lisabon Airport or any other airport of Portugal, right?You didnt know that this controller has all of portugal and the ocean 'till Madeira? I do not ask about synth chatter but for spanish or portugees chatter. That is not this big difference because many airlines fly there and it is a mix of spanish, english and portugees.>many many posts ago, i asked if you were over water. long ago>we decided not to do synthetic chatter over water. something>about it being unrealistic to hear that many clearances, or>handoffs to approach, etc, over water. if there is atlantic>oceanic chatter for that area, it would play. but i don't have>any.>>mystery solved. no synthetic chatter over water. oceanic>chatter over water when available.>>jd

Hi Torben,In your winwood377 folder you should find a file called $spain.txtCopy that into your winwood372 folder and you should get the Spanish chatter over Portugal.You are right about very few RC'ers flying to Madeira. I found a minor problem with the airspace.csv a few weeks back around the Island which could affect the chatter when you are quite close to Madeira or departing from Madeira. Figured there was no rush since no-one seemed to have noticed!I've just sent out a corrected file to the beta team for testing.All the best,John

jd,I will happyly test whatever you throw at me. Especialy in order to help you developing better versions of your product.Call me a beta-tester and I will become one for your.>torben - i asked john to send you the new file, so you can>test it for us>>jd

JD,have not yet gotten any E-Mail from John. Do you need me?If you need a german beta-tester for your next version of RC, I would be with joy of service for you. I have enough spare time for helping you.Read who I am here: http://www.t-a-h.com