Sign in to follow this  
Guest ghostrider

Altimeter setting 0001 ??

Guest ghostrider

I am a newbie to RC (using 3.1) so maybe I am doing something wrong, but have observed something very strange on several flights. After establishing cruise altitude, on autopilot, I turn the airplane over to my copilot. He does just fine until a controller gives him an altimeter setting of 0001 (yes, I said zero, zero, zero, one!). Like a good copilot, he obediently adjusts to this setting and completely blows my assigned altitude before I can even regain control. Any ideas?

wow, that is low :-)after you load the flight plan, click the controllers button. make sure 180 is entered for the departure and arrival transition levels.what number was there?what weather program are you using?

Guest DistrictDriver

Hi all,I'm new to this forum, although been a user of RC for some time, just getting back into it.Anyway, I'm also getting this QNH 0001, which is very frustrating when I have the co-pilot flying, because obviously she resets the altimeters and we go way above our assigned FL.I'm not using any weather programs (FS2002 pro), although I sometimes use real world weather.This problem keeps coming up whether I use real world weather or just leave the default (perfect!) FS weather.I've followed everything in the manual, and I've made sure that 180 is entered in the dep and arr transition levels as suggested above.Any help gratefully recieved!!!

Guest ghostrider

Hi,I am finally getting around to a reply to jd. Sorry for the delay. My answer to jd is "I'm not using any weather program, either. And my transition levels are 180, also." I have no idea why this happens. Any other ideas, anyone?

are you also running fs2002?does this happen all the time, or just now and then?jd

Guest ghostrider

Yes, I am running fs2002. It doesn't happen all the time, but more than just occasionally.

Guest DistrictDriver

>Yes, I am running fs2002. It doesn't happen all the time,>but more than just occasionally.Same here! It can also happen in any sector, and any controller (ie Centre, approach etc)

very interesting.what version of fsuipc are you both running?next time it is happening, check the advanced weather tab in fs2002, and see what the pressure reading is therejd

Guest lvp0412

I'm using FS2004 with the newer versions of FSUIPC, and I get the "0001" call when handed off to approach control or about 40 miles out. I'm using US units, so I usually just ignore it and everything's fine.LVP (KCVG)

i need each of you to give me the version of fsuipc that is running. click on fsuipc off the modules directory of fs2002. i want to know positively what .dll is being loaded.sometimes other install programs overwrite newer versions of fsuipc with older ones, that might not work rightjd

Guest DistrictDriver

I'm using version 3.2.0.2 which seems to be the latest version from the website.It seemed to occur more regularly with the centre controllers when using real world weather, but even just using the MS default, it keeps coming up.During handoffs etc, when the controller gives the QNH, this comes through normally, but then suddenly the controller will give us a new QNH of 0001.

ok, i will try a fs2002 flight, with fs2002 real weather, and see what happens. what altitude are you flying? what don't you send me the .pln file that this happens on consistantly, and i'll fly it. haven't flown fs2002 in a while, might be fun :-)jd

i think i found the problem. anyone want to test the fix, send me an emailit will only affect fs2002, fs2000, fs98, and no external weather programs (fsmeteo/activesky)jd

Guest DistrictDriver

Just to say publicly thank you very much for all your help in solving my problem! It was so frustrating, but I've now flown dozens of internal and international flights with no problems at all!Thanks again, much appreciated!

Guest Bob524

jd...I also encountered the dreaded "altimeter setting 0001." I was using FS2002.I was flying the Tutorial Flight KDSM-KORD. I was not using any "special" weather, neither Real World or ActiveSky.Bob