Sign in to follow this  
TomCYYZ

No Freq in FS9 for Rwy 8 (Juneau PAJN)

Using FSNav I was on approach for Rwy 8, Juneau Alaska. RC has the freq (109.90) but FSNav does not incorporate any localizer frequencies for either Rwy's 8 or 26. Is this an oversite in FS9 because I'm sure if RC has it, you would think it should exist in FS9(FSNav)?Regards,Tom

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

that ils information may have existed in fs2002, but not in fs2004.or fsnavigator may need to be trued up, or the data in rc needs fixed. i'm not sure which is wrongjd

Thanks jd. FYI, I did a little research and found that the approach for Rwy 8 is an "LDA/DME" type using freq. 109.9 (not on the centre line). So you are right, FS9 and FSNav are wrong not including it. It is an instrument approach though with no outer, middle or inner markers:Definition:Localizer-type Directional Aid (LDA) Approach - These are approach systems which include at least a localizer facility, but which are not aligned with the runway center-line. Straight-in minimums will be published if the offset is less than or equal to 30 degrees from the runway centerline; circling-only minimums otherwise. An LDA may or may not have a glideslope component. Unlike an ILS, there are no marker beacons. Regards,Tom Stewart