Sign in to follow this  
billhuntsman

Question about pointer $USA file

I have been experimenting with adding chatter to the Winwood directory and have been mostly successful. But the pointer $USA file isn't explained as much as I need in the manual. I know that $USA directs RC to use USA chatter when a particular directory is empty. So, it seems that I need to remove it from a Winwood folder if I have chatter in it (that part isn't mentioned in the manual but I figured it out). Here's my question -- Suppose I have Tower, Departure and Arrival chatter for an airport, say Denver, but no ground chatter. If I take the $USA folder out of the Denver (309) folder it seems that RC uses synthetic chatter for the missing ground chatter. Can I put the $USA file in the gnd folder to make it use USA ground chatter instead of synthetic? If I do this will RC still use the recorded chatter in the other folders? Thanks.

probably the thing you want to do, is leave all the directories alone!create a kden folder in winwood, and then mirror the directory structure and naming standards for files in those directories. if you're arrival airport is kden, i look for a winwoodkden directory before i looke for wavs in winwood309, before i look for files in winwoodusa ;-)jd