Sign in to follow this  
billhuntsman

Expect vectors to a nonexistant runway

I have now tried two flights from CYYZ to KBUF. In both flights when I checked the arrival weather the announcement said that traffic was landing on rw23. However, later approach said to expect vectors to runway zero. KBUF only has runways 5, 14, 23 and 32. On the first flight RC froze up and I had to abort. On the second flight I requested runway 23 and the flight ended normally.Why is RC telling me to expect vectors to a nonexistant runway?

that's amazing. have you edited runways.csv or a2.txt?can you edit your runways.csv file, with notepad, and copy and print all 4 entries, and post here? there are only 4, right?edit a2.txt, and find kbuf. copy and paste a post here.kbuf looks fine herejd

I haven't done any editing of these. FS Navigator also shows only 4 runways and if I ask RC for another runway there are only 4 choices. However, approach told me to expect vectors to runway zero.Here are the portions you requested.Entry from A2KBUF,Buffalo Niagara Intl,n42:56:25.877,w078:43:55.800, 7 , 721 , 8102 , 1568Entry from runways.csvKBUF 50 42.93154 -78.7412 724 54 8102 108.5KBUF 140 42.94663 -78.7412 724 137 5376 0KBUF 230 42.94686 -78.7211 724 234 8102 111.3KBUF 320 42.93839 -78.7261 724 317 5376 0

does this happen on every flight, or just into kbuf?can you save me a .dat about 45 miles from kbuf, and send me the .dat, .flt, and .wx files.maybe i'll get runway 0 too, and can figure out what is going onjd

I will be glad to check this out and will send the files but it will be over the course of several days as my flying time is very limited right now. I'll do another CYYZ-KBUF flight first and send the files. Hopefully, I can get the strange behavior to repeat. If so, I'll then try other destinations.

Tried another flight to KBUF and, of course, I am no longer getting the runway zero error. If I get the error to happen again I'll get back to you.