Sign in to follow this  
KennyG

Voice Problem

Hi AllUnsure what I have done to my RC 3.10 files. I downloaded the RCWAVSUPDATE03.zip and unzipped the file into RCV30winwood.I am now having a problem with some of the voice files when doing a IAP approach to CYXU.When I am instructed to switch to Tower, I just hear half of the instructions.Also when I ask for a wind check I do not receive any wind direction.I later did a full ILS approach to KDET and all the voice files appear to work properly.I am not puter literate but would appreciate any help assisting me in getting back to this great program.I downloaded the file from Flightdeck.com Wave update 3.It appears the problem becomes evident when doing IAP approaches.Tks. for any assistance.Kenny G.

Hi Kenny,First thing to check is how many wav files you have in your controller folders. These are the RCV30winwood2 to 12 (or 13) folders.I think with all the updates there should be 1133 wav files (plus 1 txt file) in each.All the best,John

Hi JDI believe what I have done is install two additional folders 11 and 12Folder 11 contains Cargo Wave, Gaparking Wave The Ramp Wave and Turn wave.Folder 12 contains a single wave named Turn Wave.Folders 88 and folder 89 contain no wave files.Folder 90 to 98 appear to have the correct amount of wave files.The information on the file which I unzipped into the Windwood folder indicated it would add the additional sounds which are in Folder 11 and 12.If all else fails is there a way I can reinstall the wave files.Tks.Kenny G.

Hi J.D.I installed rcv3/rcwaveupdatefull.zip but still continue to have the problem with missing voices.I now have uninstalled the complete program and I am presently waiting for my new registration key.Not being puter literate I believe I have to do the following once I receive my key.Install V3.1/zip into the RC3.0 folder:Install the updatefull.zip into the winwood folder.When opening up RC3.1 be sure to click onto the correct 3.1 exe not 3.0 exe from the folder.Hopefully everything works smoothly after doing the above.Kenny G.

i think you are missing two key steps. downloading the wav sets 11 and 12

>You also need 11.zip and 12.zip from Scott Campbell's Flight>Deck. http://www.fsflightdeck.com/rcv3/ .>>Tks for the reply'sJust so I do not run into this problem again the above files 11.zip and 12.zip is that the waves update file 01,02, and 03 23Jun03 828 K.If it is the correct file do I unzip that also into the winwood folder or does it go somewhere else.One more silly question is there a particular order which these zip files have to be installed.Tks. again for the great support.Kenny G.

>>You also need 11.zip and 12.zip from Scott Campbell's>Flight>>Deck. http://www.fsflightdeck.com/rcv3/ .>>>>>Tks for the reply's>Just so I do not run into this problem again the above files>11.zip and 12.zip is that the waves update file 01,02, and 03>23Jun03 828 K.>If it is the correct file do I unzip that also into the>winwood folder or does it go somewhere else.>One more silly question is there a particular order which>these zip files have to be installed.>>Tks. again for the great support.>>Kenny G.I found the 11 and 12.zip files at the begining of this forum I thought the full update mentioned above included 11 and 12 zip.I will download the two files. Are they also placed in the winwood folder.Again sorry for being a pain.Kenny G.

Guest Scott Campbell

KenThere should be an INSTALL.txt file in those zip files. Let me know if there isn't. If there isn't, then yes, unzip into winwood amd make sure you have "Used Folder Names" or the like checked. They're the same as the update files.

>Ken>>There should be an INSTALL.txt file in those zip files. Let>me know if there isn't. If there isn't, then yes, unzip into>winwood amd make sure you have "Used Folder Names" or the like>checked. They're the same as the update files.>Tks. Scott if it is just a matter of unzipping all the wave files into winwood shouldn't be a problem.Have a great Day:)Kenny G.

Tks John B. JD and ScottI reinstalled RC and installed the above files as per instructions and when I got home from work this A.M. there was my registration key waiting for me.Took a quick flight before retiring to bed for the day, from Toronto to London and all voices responded to the commands as advertised.Tks. again guys great support.Kenny G:)

>Tks John B. JD and Scott>>I reinstalled RC and installed the above files as per>instructions and when I got home from work this A.M. there was>my registration key waiting for me.>Took a quick flight before retiring to bed for the day, from>Toronto to London and all voices responded to the commands as>advertised.>>Tks. again guys great support.>>Kenny G:)Also tks. to Rick. Bye:)