Sign in to follow this  
Guest jknell

AI Traffic with RC

Guest jknell

Will any of the Traffic porogram sdd-ons for FS2002 show the incoming plane when the RC controler instructs the pilot to turn 15 degrees R or L for traffic?

Guest RickT

In RCv3.1 we do not control the AI traffic. Sometimes you will see the aircraft that RC controller is telling you to avoid and sometimes you won't see it.

Guest jknell

Hi RickThanks for your prompt answer. I have been using these programs for about two years and have never seen and on coming AI aircraft.Joseph

Guest RickT

I just noticed you said FS2002. If I remember right FS2002 does not have AI traffic built in and I'm not sure FS2002 will even display AI traffic from Ultimate Traffic or MyTraffic. Most likely what you are hearing is phantom traffic generated by RC.

Hi Joseph,In v3.1 RC doesn't know where the ai aircraft are so all vectors for traffic are 'fictional'.In v4 there will be genuine 'vectors for traffic' based on potential conflicts with the ai in the sim :-)This will only be available when running RC with FS2004 however.All the best,John

Guest jknell

Hi JohnThanks for your answer. I am eagerly awaiting version 4.0 When can I expect it to arrive?Joseph

Hi, John:I have a TCAS (Reality-XP Jetline Series) over the EHSI display in FS9 and it shows the AI in coordination with the latest build of 3.1. While the controller does not issue deviation calls it does give traffic attention calls in coordination. In the options panel I have the synthetic traffic deviation turned off and interact with AI turned on. The last few versions of FSUIPC do report AI traffic positions within 40 miles and JD has been catching those just for attention.So while 3.1 does not issue deviations to the aircraft of the user or AI, you can "see" the aircraft and your wonderful voice has been calling out the AI target altitude and relative bearing "in clock terms".Maybe I did not understand the original question.

Hi there,Oops, I wrote that all wrong :-(What is new in version 4 is that we calculate where the ai will be in the future and issue vectors where a potential conflict is noticed :-)All the best,John

. . . and jd states he will have some control over the AI being able to issue avoidance manuvers to both, at least on FS9.BTW, I think John B. deserves a drama award for the dramatic ATC controller chatter he delivers in times of stress. Keep taking the antacids, John, to keep the ulcers down.jd also stated that he should be able to control the nasty habit of AI taxiing onto the runway while you are on final getting rid of some of those go-arounds.

:-lolIf only you pilots would do what you're told ;-)Mind you the ai are even worse but, you are right, jd is getting them under control :-)All the best,John