Sign in to follow this  
Guest kloker

Pilot Response Time

Guest kloker

Is there any way to change (lengthen) the time from when a controller issues an instruction and the pilot responds? I'm flying PMDG 737, but this has been true of many planes I fly with RC, and finding there is not enough time to, for instance, set both speed and heading in the MCP. What I have to do is a very fast partial change on both speed and heading in order to initiate at least part of each instruction, then go back and continue to change the settings to their final value.If I take the time (and mind you, I ain't no slouch about this; I'm scampering right along) to fully set each instrument one at a time, I hear from the grumpy controller about the other instrument I haven't set yet.Keith

there is no way of changing that in 3.xmaybe i'll do something in v4i think i give you 30 seconds before i start nagging you. jd

Hi jd,that sounds great! Flying complex aircrafts i'm quite often also not able to react as fast as the controller expects.regardsjanosch

Guest hoohah

It seems faster than 30 seconds for sure, especially when you have to navigate the PDMG flight deck/FMC. I usually just Pause the sim when there is alot of instructions to complete.

Especially without a copilot on a complex aircraft to handle some of the FMC tasks. Consider this as you think about the time you allow for an observed response to an ATC instruction. (Yeah, I know what's her name can handle flaps and comm.)I find using a wheel mouse helps to get within a good ballpark figure on an autopilot and then going back for the refinement as posted. However I suppose FMC/FMS management does not have that kind of user input although some allow keyboard input.Anyway a user choice to modify the delay in the Options would be nice. Perhaps in a future version some info can be read from the active aircraft's aircraft.cfg file so the aircraft type (heavy, jet, etc.) will automaticly be set at flight start for those of us that fly multiple aircraft types and departure/approach accommodation regarding speeds, climb response, and start of descent be adjusted without user intervention. Another option would be an .ini file with sections for each aircraft (for fs2K2) or a local .ini in each aircrafts folder of user adjustable settings. This is the technique used by Reality-XP in their suite of JL instrument products and it works quite well.