Sign in to follow this  
Guest wlockhart

Registration Key Response Time...

Guest wlockhart

Just wondering....Sure would like RC ATC ASAP...Does it really take 48 hours to get a registration key?Sent a couple of emails...hmmm...is there possibly a problem with my email?I loaded the software but "no key"...thus no (real) ATC...ID Number - 538277917 William LockhartThanks

Guest wlockhart

Yes I did...but no response....will try to send send it again...Sent it on Monday originally...Will try again...

Guest RickT

I'm sorry,for some reason we are not receiving your key requests through email. I sent you a key through the email address you ordered with. Let me know if you don't received it.

Guest wlockhart

Hi Rick,Thanks for the key...Registered fine, thanks for youre immediate response...one question however...Using FS9...I upgraded using the files posted to RC 3.10 Beta..(the upgrade and the *.wav files...all three...When I load a flight plan (created within FS9 with the standard flight plan tool)into RC the progress bar only goes to about 50%...In addition there is nothing in the "controller info" area...it's simply blank and grayed out...Also the "Start RC" button is not activated...it's grayed out also...I got the latest version (registered) of "Advdisplay" and "FSUPIC" loaded and active inside the sim...with the window docked...hmmmm...Any suggestions?Thanks Rick....Wm

Guest RickT

Are you sure you sent the correct Product ID code? If selections are greyed out RC is not properly registered. When you copied then pasted your key into Radar Contact did you make sure the cursor was in the next position after the last digit? Like this MLIHGJIDDDIJAHNJJBGHKJOALAGDHQKP_ before hitting Register. This is not your key it is only an example! Please run Windows Explorer and navigate to your Radar Contact folder. Locate the file keyboard.dat and highlight it. Click your right mouse button. Choose Properties. Make sure the file IS NOT marked as READ ONLY.

Guest wlockhart

Hi Rick...Checked the keyboard.dat file...not marked as read only...Strange...the first time I registered the program I could select "start RC" however the "Controller Info" area was greyed out...Got into the 2d panel screen once...but had to restart FS...On the next attem this is what happened...Now all is greyed out...."Controller Info" as well as "RC Start"Can access options though...Strange thing is Radar Contact 3.01 WILL load just not 3.10 (the upgrade)...hmmm....Thanks,Wm

Guest RickT

Are you sure you installed all the required files for the RCv3.1 upgrade? Please check our FAQ (question 1) http://www.jdtllc.com/faqs.htm and verify you have installed all required files. Did you update your Radar Contact short-cut so it is pointing to rcv31.exe?If RCv3.01 is loading correctly and RCv3.1 is not you missed something.

Guest RickT

Another thing you may want to verify is does your Product ID code have a minus sign in front of it? If yes, we need to generate a new key.

Guest wlockhart

Hi Rick,Still having issues....This is what I've done in hopes of correcting problem...Totally uninstalled RC....(including all files and folders)Reinstalled from original CD.....Copied Registration number as provided in email exactly as it appears and registered product....(This went O.K.- Version 3.01)Once registered the program appeared to be operating fine...."Controller info" available as well as "start RC" button available....Downloaded 3.10 and (3) zip files containing updated wav files.Installed upgrade - noticed that a couple of new folders were created...winwood/O-jewinwood/ O-jjwinwood/O-llCreated shortcut to RC3.10 which resides in main "RCv30" folderWent to shortcut on desktop and launced program...RCV31.exeProgram launches fine....After RC splash screen noticed that "controller info" and "Start RV3" buttons were "grayed out"...Attempted to load flightplan via fs200X button...Plan attempts to load but hangs at about 35% of progress bar...Nothing happens after this action....Closed program...Launched RC3.01 via Radar Contact Normal selection on program menu...Loaded flightplan via fs200X button...Flightpla loads to 100%"Controller info" button active...."Start RC" buttn active...hmmmm.....Still can't get the updated version RC3.10 to activate those buttons....Checked keybord.dat file...is NOT marked as read only....Any suggestions...

Guest Scott Campbell

Post your plan file. If it's FS2002, then it should be no problem. If it's FS9, then there are differences that RC 3.1 knows about. Did you actually use the FS9 planner, or another?

Guest wlockhart

Hi Scott...Used the FS9 Planner...Here's the file....ThanksWm[flightplan]AppVersion=9.0.30612title=KBNA to KILMdescription=KBNA, KILMtype=IFRroutetype=3cruising_altitude=32000departure_id=KBNA, N36* 7.76', W86* 40.16', +000599.00departure_position=GATE G 3destination_id=KILM, N34* 15.82', W77* 54.07', +000031.99departure_name=Nashville Intldestination_name=Wilmington Intlwaypoint.0=, KBNA, , KBNA, A, N36* 7.76', W86* 40.16', +000599.00, waypoint.1=K7, GQO, , GQO, V, N34* 57.68', W85* 9.20', +000000.00, waypoint.2=K7, SPA, , SPA, V, N35* 2.02', W81* 55.62', +000000.00, J118waypoint.3=K7, CAE, , CAE, V, N33* 51.43', W81* 3.23', +000000.00, J47waypoint.4=K7, FLO, , FLO, V, N34* 13.98', W79* 39.43', +000000.00, J4waypoint.5=K7, DWYTE, , DWYTE, I, N34* 15.67', W79* 16.01', +000000.00, J4waypoint.6=K7, MULLS, , MULLS, I, N34* 16.73', W79* 0.89', +000000.00, J4waypoint.7=K7, ILM39, , ILM39, I, N34* 18.20', W78* 39.10', +000000.00, J4waypoint.8=, KILM, , KILM, A, N34* 15.82', W77* 54.07', +000031.99,

works hereyou put the 3.1 files into the existing rcv3 directory, right?and you're positive the shortcut you are using to rcv31.exe is pointing to the rcv31.exe in the rcv3 directory?can you list the files in the rcv3 directory, and post it here?jd

Guest wlockhart

Hello....thanks for your support...The desktop short cut is pointed to the RCV31.exe file located in the rcv30 Folder...Really weird...as I said in last post...version 3.01 working fine...but RcV3.10 stops after loading 35% of flight plan (Standard FS9 Planning Tool)...Flightplan loads to 35% in progress bar and halts...no additional activity is detected...program stalls..."controller info" & "start RC" buttons inactive (grayed out - 3.10 ONLY - 3.01 responds OK - fine)By the way...all compatability mode boxes are UNCHECKED in RCV31.exe properties also...These are the files in the main rcv30 folder...a.txtafterinstall.rtfAIRCRAFT.DATairspace.csvFIXes.txtkeyboard.datLicense.rtfNAVs.txtr.txtRADAR.ICORCFrequ.csvrcv3.datRCV3.docrcv3.exercv3.pdfRCV31.exeRCWavUtil.exeunins000.datunins000.exeAdditional folders are:controllerscriptspilotscriptssavedTutorialswinwoodhmm.....Just tried a flight with RC3.01 active (FS9).....no apparent problems there...but was 3.01 not 3.10 in FS9(By the way...Actice Sky & FDC were active during test flight with 3.01 with no apparent problems...all key settings set to Cntrl+Shift)FS9 & RC ATC active - normal flight plan deviation issues but corrected with WX deviation requests, other than that 3.01 functioned normally....hmmm...

that is what is confusing. you unzipped the 3.1 beta into your rcv3 directory, but you are missing key filesyou are missing a2.txt and runways.csvwhere did they go?jd