Sign in to follow this  
docg

Registration Problems

I'm trying to register RC V3 on a new computer. E-mailed the product ID and received the key within 30 minutes.Copied the key and pasted it into the appropriate box. Nothing happens. All options remain greyed out.The product ID had a dash sign (-) at the beginning and I omitted that dash when I sent the ID. Seems I read somewhere on the forum that the - wasn't necessary. Would that make a difference?Also, upgrading to Win XP Home. I did navigate to the compatibility screen under properties and all boxes are unchecked. Think I read something in the faqs about that.Any help would be greatly appreciatedDoc G

Re-sent the product ID with the dash included. Pasted the new key with the same results. It appears nothing happens when I click the register button. Everything is still greyed out.Would it make any diffenerce if the wav files were updated before the program was registered. While waiting for the key I installed the updates.Doc G

Guest RickT

Doc,Are you familiar with doing screen captures? If not here is what I want you to do. Please run Radar Contact. From your description it should load in its unregistered state. That is what I want to see.1 Press the Print Screen key on your keyboard.2. Load the Windows Paint program - here's how Start|All Programs|Accessories|Paint3. In Windows Paint click on the Edit menu and click Paste. A picture of Radar Contact should now be loaded in Paint.4. Click File As and type in a name. Remember where you saved it 5. Start an email to me rick@jdtllc.com.6. Look for a menu item call Insert and click on it.7. It should open up into the My Documents folder. Scroll down until you see My Pictures and click on it. Scroll down again until you see the file you just saved. Click on it.8. That picture is now attached to the email.9. Send the email.This picture will show me what you are seeing on the screen. Then I can determine the correct Product ID code and send you the correct key.Another thing you might want to check is the file attributes on keyboard.dat in your RC folder. Make sure it is NOT marked as read only.