Sign in to follow this  
t_a_h

MALTA (LIRR Roma FIR) Chatter is missing

Hi jd,within the controller zone of MALTA (near LIRR ROMA FIR) I hear none chatter at all.I am at FL350 and the center freq. is 115.10 by RC. I am at N38

I am over the middle sea between sicilia and spain, north of africa. So no open water, no ocean. It is MALTA CENTER and no chatter at all. There where I fly over Sicilia or north Africa, there are many - lots of other airliners and GAs there and all are chatting with each other and the controllers.Take my coordinates and look them up in a map, than you know where I was.

Torben, I think you have exactly the same situation here as you had on your flight to Madeira - when you are over water, RC3 does not play "chatter".jd asked if you were over water and you said you were over "the middle sea" by which I guess you mean the Mediterranean (Das Mittelmeer). If this is so, then you are, indeed, over water and RC3 will not play "chatter".Best wishesPete

Pete,yes indeed, Mediterranean it was. But that is if you are above a lake compared to the big wide ocean atlantic or alike. There where I was are sardegna, malta, sicilia, all with airports and I just wildly guess there are departuring and arriving and crossing planes with pilots whom do chat to center and other controllers. Am I so totaly wrong here? There you would hear a mix of many different airliners coming from every where. I guess JD and Scott had no one who could scan those area for chatter to and from center ATC controllers.Now, can I assigne two or three different center controller chatter of lets say english, spain and italy to this area all together, so there would be a wild mix???

Hi Torben,You should find that the pre-recorded chatter plays when you are over water. So if you are over the Mediterranean in Barcelona centre, for example, the pre-recorded Spanish chatter should play.Unfortunately for a lot of centres, such as Malta and Rome, there is no prerecorded chatter. You could get the Spanish chatter playing in the Malta centre by copying the file $spain.txt from winwood/102 into winwood/128.Personally I tend to tune the FSATC in on comm2 and listen to that.All the best,John

John,hmm, there is a lack of recordet original chatter and even the default chatter that plays when none else was recorded doesnt play always when needet like now where I have been. For RC4 it would be nice if RC knows or senses where it has nothing to play and automaticly sets COM2 to the FS9 FS10 local ATC frequency. Would that be doable to programm for you guys?What will now happen if I copy not only $spain.txt, but as well $uk.txt into this folder? Will all be played when within this area? So can I link more than just one to a folder to have a better mix?

Hi Torben,I don't know what would happen if you had both $spain.txt and $uk.txt in the same winwood folder but I'm sure it wouldn't be what you hope for :-(As for the lack of synthetic chatter over water we did discuss the issue at length during the development of v3 and this ended up as the best compromise we could find. I'd have preferred to keep the chatter over water since I rarely flew oceanic routes but appreciated that those who did found cessna's midway across the atlantic unrealistic ;-)All the best,John