Sign in to follow this  
Guest Bob524

Options-Call sign test

Guest Bob524

After a long hyatus since using rc2, I have finally loaded rv3 and am going to try to fly one of the tutorials.In setting up the flight I have built and saved the route using FSNavigator and have exported it to FS2002. I think I have done this correctly.My problem comes when I go to the options key and try to set up my call sign for the tutorial flight. When I test it I get nothing.I think I have all the wave files.I have not proceeded beyond this point so I don't know if I have sound for the rest of the flight. I want to get this problem sorted out first.Any suggestions will be appreciated.Bob

Guest RickT

Please check your sound settings in FS2002 and make sure the one for lessons/flights (or something similar) has a check mark next to it and the slider is at least half way across.Which version of RC are you running?Please check your Winwood folder and tell us how many files you have in each of the following folders:winwood2.. 3.. 4.. 5.. 6.. 7.. 8.. 9.. 10.. 11.. 12

and what sound card do you have. v2 played it's wavs through fs200x. v3 is a different process, so the sound card must be capable of playing multiple wavs from different sources (processes)jd

Guest Bob524

Winwood directories 3 thru 9 have 1131 files. Ten has 133. I do not have an eleven or twelve. I do have a "two," which also has 1131Sound setting in FS2002 is set about 75% for lessons/flights.I'm using Radar Contact V3.1.My sound card in a Sound Max Integrated Digital Audio.Bob

Guest Scott Campbell

Bob,I'm guessing the integrated sound card is an SB PCI128 conpatible?I don't think you have multi-channel capability - which means you can play sound from multiple programs (Like RC and FS). RC plays outside FS, and you need a multi-channel card, like the SB Live! or Audigy, or similar.I've read in a couple forums that people recommend using any other sound card. I highly recommend the Audigy or Live.

Guest RickT

Bob,Your file counts are also a little off.In 2 - 12 you should have 1134.When you upgraded to RCv3.1 did you follow the instructions listed in our FAQ? (question 1) http://www.jdtllc.com/faqs.htmYou can get 11 and 12 from Scott Campbell's Flight Deck http://www.fsflightdeck.com/rcv3/But I think Scott is right. Your sound card may not be capable of multchannel operation.First thing to do is read the FAQ and install missing wav files. Once that is done test again and see if you still have a sound problem.

Guest Bob524

Thanks, guys, for the help. I may try changing sound cards. In the meantime, I have gone ahead and started the flight. I get sound, ATIS, ground, etc., but I'm getting too much sound. I'm getting two voices. I assume that one of them is the FS ATC voice. Reading the FS instructions, I am told that I can not turn ATC off. Any suggestions? Any work-arounds?Bob

Guest RickT

In FS2002, click on Options|Settings|Sound. I don't remember off the top of my head but one of those settings should lower the FS ATC sounds.

Guest Scott Campbell

You can turn FS ATC sound off by turning ATC volume to 0 (Options/Settings/Sound/Air Traffic Control).You can also effectively remove ATC sound by changing your active radio to Comm 2 and not setting the freeuqnecy to anything close. Then when RC changes Comm 1 to ATIS, you won't get FS ATIS.

Guest Will3m

I have the same soundcard as you and also do not hear the callsign test. However all waves do play in the program itself and there is no problem there.Willem

Guest Bob524

Thanks, Willem. That has been my experience too.Bob