Sign in to follow this  
Guest rjacks

RC dropping out

Guest rjacks

During the last 6 flights Radar contact has dropped out 4 times-just before I am handed off to tower for landing clearance or just before I am told to turn to intercept the glide slope.It happened twice at Den and once at DFW and once at CVG.Thanks for any advice anyone can offer.Richard

what do you mean "dropped out"how many wavs do you have in winwood2, 3, 4, .... 13?

Guest rjacks

I no longer hear any commands and when i press the menu keys- there is no reponnse, it basically crashes and doesn't reposnd to anything.in winwood there folders 1-12 which have wavs-lots of themThanks,Richard

Guest RickT

Please tell us how many files you have in each folder (2 - 12). JD suspects you may be missing some files. Also what other programs do you have running in the background besides your flight sim programs?

i bet you have a 13 directory, with just a few wavs. rick can walk you through getting the right wavsjd

Guest rjacks

Actually I do not have a folder name 13 in Winwwod..I am guessing this is the problem!Richard

Guest RickT

13 is just an additional controller we made available. It would only cause a problem if you had fewer than the required files in that folder. I doubt adding it would fix your problem.

Guest rjacks

Well I am not running anything during my flight in fact I "kill all" to help with fps before starting RC & MSFS.Would you suggest that I just re-install?Thanks

Guest RickT

The symptoms you describe point to missing wav files. Please tell us how many files you have in winwood folders 2 - 12.

Guest rjacks

2-11343-11344-11345-11346-11347-11348-11349-113410-113411-113412-113413-doesn't exist

Guest rjacks

I loaded folder 13, I flew from ABI to DFW and the same thing happpened..I even tried to pull up the main RC menu but it would not respond-basically it crashed again-an other ideas?Richard

Guest CTyankee

I used to see the same kind of thing, but only when running saved flights. Since performing a clean reinstall of Windows XP, I have not again experienced this situation.Hope this helps,Sandy

Guest Scott Campbell

JD,Since there are no updates for 13, not having it is fine.Plus it was only added recently.