Sign in to follow this  
docg

Citation X

Hey Guys,Does anyone here know if the Eaglesoft Citation X is compatible with RC?ThanksDoc G

can't imagine why it would be a problem. does it have a non-ms auto pilot? if so, then rc won't be able to let the co-pilot fly the plane. other than that, try it out, let us knowjd

Hey Guys,Don't mean to turn this into a Citation X support forum but did want to report back with what I found.My first flights were from a non terminal airport so as soon as I was airborne and had the autopilot set up, I turned the plane and comms over to the co-pilot. Everything worked fine until intercepting the localizer. The co-pilot has everything set as it should be. Alt Hold, Hdg Hold, Auto Throttle, and Approach are all activated and I've got the speed down to 180 kts and slowing. When the localizer is first detected and the needle starts moving, the Alt Hold and Hdg hold for some reason are turned off.I understand the Hdg Hold would be turned off, but Alt Hold should remain on until the Glidescope is captured. After trying this flight three times I found that when the above happend I could take the plane back from the co-pilot, turn off Approach, reactivate the Alt Hold and then turn Approach back on. From there the approach would continue normally. Haven't tried to do that with the co-pilot still flying the plane. Need to do that.I haven't scratched he surface in the manual that comes with the Citation so it could very well be something that I'm doing or something that needs setting.Any suggestions Will?ThanksDoc G

Guest Wills402

Ooops, :-doh Sorry Doc I should have mentioned that I have never let the co pilot fly the plane only handle the comms. I do know that the RC copilot is only designed to handle cockpits with default type autopilots so I can see where you may have run into problems letting the co pilot do the flying. I'll have to give it a go and see how it works out.Willhttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/ng_driver.jpg

OK. Thanks Will. Like I said, the co-pilot did everything by the numbers until intercepting the localizer. That's when things got a little screwey. Nothing I can't live with though.Still need to make several more test flights to be sure my work arounds work all the time. :)Doc G

Guest Scott Campbell

It's not really the co-pilot that doesn't intercept the localizer right. She/he can only engage the Approach function. It's FS that can't fly it straight. But you'll get into the ballpark and can hand land as you get closer.I keep hoping MS (or anyone) will come out with a GPS landing system someday for FS. Then an aircraft can fly the line.